After Listening to Howie Long | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

After Listening to Howie Long

You don't select a player because of what his father says...or coach...or friends...if you do...you can ruin your team...very fast.

I believe that's called the Cam Cameron method.

I hardly think if we do draft Chris Long it will be because of his dad's recommendation, nice try Pete, the fact is the kid is an excellent football player who loves the game and has great instincts.

Why Blue...the name of the thread is after listening to Howie Long...is it not? I never said that Long wasn't a decent prospect...my doubts are is he the right player for a different position, than he played in college...when you look hard at his 40 time...he's not as fast as alot of the natural Linebackers in this draft.

Really? Name one player on the Akron team that JT played on who was more talented than him. In fact, name one player on last years phins who is more talented than JT.
Zach Thomas, Zach was the Leader of this Defense with out him our Run D was Crap if he played the whole season we may have won more game also if Y. Bell would have played the whole season he would have also helped us win more games im not saying that Y. Bell is better in Talent wise then JT but Zach Thomas is IMO

i dont know who was on the Akron team with JT so i cant really tell you there

Cherilus would be a possibility at 2a (although my current guess is Chris Williams) but I don't think Davis is a good fit. BP tends to like bigger TEs. If we were going to take an h-back type there I'd prefer Keller.
Chris Williams will NOT be there at 2a. Guaranteed. Some people say he's the best LT prospect in the draft. TE is a huge need and I agree, I would like a bigger TE also. There a few good ones in this draft that we MIGHT be able to snag. I would love to get Cottam(sp?) with our 3rd, but I doubt he'll still be there.

Chris Williams will NOT be there at 2a. Guaranteed. Some people say he's the best LT prospect in the draft. TE is a huge need and I agree, I would like a bigger TE also. There a few good ones in this draft that we MIGHT be able to snag. I would love to get Cottam(sp?) with our 3rd, but I doubt he'll still be there.
yea i agree i think he is a top 25 pick easy but if he somehow does fall that would be a great pick up

yea i agree i think he is a top 25 pick easy but if he somehow does fall that would be a great pick up
Most definitely !I'd absolutely freak! Imagine, Chris Long in the 1st. and Chris Williams in the 2nd! Holy poop! It's getting late....I guess I'm dreaming..:D

I will be very disappointed if we pass on Chris

he talked about his son's versatility in his senior year

he mentioned how he played with guys who had alot more talent than him, but it was his football IQ and preparation that made him elite

so what we have in Chris is Howie v2, an excellent mix of athleticism and professionalism

Here is my Howie Long Mock

1. Chris Long

2a. Fred Davis

2b. Curtis Lofton

3. Chad Henne

4. Jordy Nelson

Well, u might as well get over it now...because there is no way that MIA picks him. They have more pressing needs at QB and OL and Ghoulston is rated higher than Chris if u ask me.

Back
Top Bottom