After reading ESPN's projected list of June 1 cuts | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

After reading ESPN's projected list of June 1 cuts

Lee2000

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
After reading the projected cuts for June 1 at the ESPN site there aren't a lot of players there to help. Shulters and McQuarters, and possibly Taylor, are about it. I don't see Miami adding more OL; I see people mention the position as an issue, and I don't disagree, but I do not see additional OL being signed. Miami has 17 ol already. They actually have 16 or so dl, but most of them fit a DE mode. I could actually see Orin Thompson and Vickerman playing DE in a 3-4. Bowens, Romero, Chester, and Traylor are the only guys that meet the description of a nose tackle.

The least need at current time probably is rb,wr,lb, and de. DT/NT, CB and S are the most needed if not for depth alone.

Lee2000

It seems like our biggest need right now is at the Center position...I doubt any decent Centers would be on the June 1st cut list but maybe we can pick someone up when teams get down to their final cutdowns at the end of training camp. I think we should stop shuffling OT's and Guards into the Center spot and get a guy who knows what he is doing. :rolleyes:

I think I remember hearing Saban say somewhere that he wasn't satisfied with our depth at LB.

Lee2000 said:
After reading the projected cuts for June 1 at the ESPN site there aren't a lot of players there to help. Shulters and McQuarters, and possibly Taylor, are about it. I don't see Miami adding more OL; I see people mention the position as an issue, and I don't disagree, but I do not see additional OL being signed. Miami has 17 ol already. They actually have 16 or so dl, but most of them fit a DE mode. I could actually see Orin Thompson and Vickerman playing DE in a 3-4. Bowens, Romero, Chester, and Traylor are the only guys that meet the description of a nose tackle.

The least need at current time probably is rb,wr,lb, and de. DT/NT, CB and S are the most needed if not for depth alone.

Lee2000

Whos taylor?

razorphin said:
We Need A Free Safety...and A Quarterback/lol

still people with the qb, seriously give aj a chance and dont say last year was a chance cause if it was thats not fair to give him no running game no o line and basically a bnaged up defence.....aj will do fine this season we dont need a qb

Lee2000 said:

Lee2000
Mcquarters was already cut.

Lee2000 said:

Lee2000
Shulters would be a nice pick up.

Roman529 said:
It seems like our biggest need right now is at the Center position...I doubt any decent Centers would be on the June 1st cut list but maybe we can pick someone up when teams get down to their final cutdowns at the end of training camp. I think we should stop shuffling OT's and Guards into the Center spot and get a guy who knows what he is doing. :rolleyes:

I was thinking today........maybe Carey could play some center. Right about now, it seems like the only "open" spot on the starting line-up.

Id like to see what he has to offer, and I would definitely hate to see him carry a 'bust' tag :shakeno:

Back
Top Bottom