After the roadtrip from hell, here's my take on the QB situation and more.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

After the roadtrip from hell, here's my take on the QB situation and more....

dean_siu

sdkjglkdsjglkdsj
Reaction score
After seeing this year's schedule, I was excited to see a Dolphins game out west and better yet a Monday Night game featuring Junior's return to San Diego!

Never did I dream that this roadtrip would lead to a 26 hour bustrip, numerous detours, about 1000 miles in travel, and probably 2 cases of beer consumed during the commuting!

However, after all that, I have a few takes on what I witnessed on the field.....

1) Griese played an efficient game....but definitely not outstanding. San Diego's coverage was horrific and there were 2-3 wide open targets almost every play we passed. Not only would Fiedler have done very well hitting these players as well, I also believe even Ray Lucas could have been efficient against this coverage. The biggest problem with our passing game has been (and continues to be) the lack of production by our receivers outside of Chambers.

2) Our offensive line needs to start doing a better job in run blocking. I've noticed this on TV throughout the season...but its even more dramatic on TV. They are not opening any holes at all and Ricky is having to gain every yard he does all by himself.

3) The defense played an outstanding game. Granted, Brees is not an outstanding QB, but they pressured him consistently and San Diego's passing game gained very few yards until the game was basically done. The most impressive thing however was the complete containment of Tomlinson. The attacking of the defense never allowed him to get any momentum going and he was shut down consistently.....you don't do this unless your defense is something special.

4) Finally, we did what we needed to this game.....but don't take too much out of it. We beat a bad team on a neutral field (I actually think our fans outnumbered there's by proabably a 3-1 margian) and I don't think San Diego's heart was really in this game. After being in San Diego first and actually seeing what that city is experiencing, its pretty scary. The skys are filled with smoke everywhere, fires are burning all over the place, and the skyline looks like a warzone. Several of these Charger players had more important things on their mind than a football game and no one can blame them.

Back
Top Bottom