After watching some 2003 tape... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

After watching some 2003 tape...

PhinfanBo1

Scout Team
Reaction score
I have to tell you, I'm pretty excited about Travis Daniels. First of all, i trust Saban and obviously he knows all about this guy but beyond that, Saban started out as a defensibe backs coach. That is his strength, working with DB's. If he thinks Daniels will be a good NFL player, then I believe that. But moving on to what I noticed...

He has very good height and a good frame for the corner position. He needs to put on 5-10 pounds, especially if he is going to play some FS, but the growth potential and body type is there. He doesn't have very good speed, but he runs well out there and he has very good footwork in the secondary, which is very important especially in the zone looks that Saban loves to run. He had a little bit of a down senior year, for whatever reasons, but if he can get back to what he was doing his junior year he is going to be a very strong player.

This is a guy with excellent ball skills, and very good instincts. He is a smart player that can make plays out there and can be in the mix at corner, and help out at safety and as an extra corner and on special teams.

Back
Top Bottom