After watching the SB | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

After watching the SB

NJL52

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
I never have seen much of either of these 2 teams. I don't like either team and neither are on tv all that much down here. So this is the first time I actually got to watch them.

First off, Shawn Alexander sucks. He is slow, he can't break tackles. He gets huge, wide gaping holes and only gains a few yards. He can't make plays. He runs behind the best LT and one hell of a LG and didn't do anything this SB. I used to think he was great from word of mouth but I watched him do absolutely nothing today and was thankful we didn't sign him.

Willie Parker is a good runningback that needs to learn the position and he could eventually become a top back. He has the ability to break tackles and "make himself small" to get through gaps. And no his 75 yard run didn't influence me, the rest of the game did. He can go through gaps with ease.

Jerome Bettis is still very good. His footwork is amazing. And he still has good speed for his size.

Walter Jones is the best tackle in the NFL. A new sense of the term complete domination. I watched him block his man for a good 6 seconds and not even stumble most of the game.

Ken Hamlin would have won the game for the Seahawks. The third string safety was beat deep twice and lost the game.

The referees were paid for the steelers to win. So ****in many crucial calls were made that screwed over the seahawks. This is one of, if not the worse, officiating crews I have ever seen in my life.
1. Offensive pass interference was bull****. Very slight pushoff, in a game as big as the superbowl, referees should not be a factor. That changed the pace of the game 100%.
2. The clipping call on Hasselback was bull****. Illegal block on a defensive player, at the time he was defense yes, as he is making the tackle.
3. 4 or so holding calls that were very, very borderline. Like I said earlier, referees should be there to make the close calls, not call back big plays.
4. The Ben Rberger touchdown call was right. But the sidejudge should have went with his first instinct. It looked very questionable for him to run over like that and at the end throw his arms up. Made a doubter out of everybody.
5. The holding on the long Peter Warrick punt return was bull**** also. Number 35 grabbed shoulder at the beginning as the ball was being kicked and it made absolutely no effect on the play. Neither player was slowed down and neither player had an effect on the play at the end. Again, referees shouldn't be noticed on bad calls.

The Seahawks TE that got chewed out by Porter for no reason got scared. 4 crucial dropped passes.

On a similar note, Porter disapeared. The conflict between the two played out to nothing. Porter made like one solo tackle and didn't have a presence.

The Seahawks lost the game due to the referees. It's a shame but it was nice to see Cowher and Bettis walk away with their ring.

Oh and the commercials were horrible and the half time show was beyond horrible. Very disapointing SB.

Wow that was long.

The refs calls were horrible, but guys like Stevens didn't show up....too many drops and mistakes.

Stevens and Porter did ZIP to backup the trashtalk. Both should be banned from future Superbowls for life.

First off, Shaun Alexander sucks. He is slow, he can't break tackles. He gets huge, wide gaping holes and only gains a few yards. He can't make plays. He runs behind the best LT and one hell of a LG and didn't do anything this SB. I used to think he was great from word of mouth but I watched him do absolutely nothing today and was thankful we didn't sign him.

20 carries for 95 yards. He does break tackles & he does have good speed. The Steelers have one of the best run defenses, that slowed him down a little.

SMadison29 said:
20 carries for 95 yards. He does break tackles & he does have good speed. The Steelers have one of the best run defenses, that slowed him down a little.

I don't know what the deal with Alexander is. I watch him play and he never seems to do anything impressive, then I look at the stats and he has like 120 yards. Not sure if thats good or bad. Hes not an exciting back to watch like Sanders or Payton, etc but he does seem to get the yards and knows how to get into the endzone.

It's the blocking. One of the best fullbacks, if not the best. Always runs to the left. The best tackle in the league and one of the best guards.

Stats don't mean everything. Look at the Broncos. Everybody knows that situation. Portis averaged like 5.7 ypc at Denver and is at like 4.1 in Washington. The Seahawks looked as good as Denver on the o line tonight. And that was vs the Steelers.

Jones, Hutchinson and Strong have to butcher the 49er's and the rest of the sorry defensive teams they played this year.

How about Stevens, that guy dropped like four balls. Man, each one could have been a first down. He played awful. Yeah the commercials were awful, all this hype and money put into these commercials, when they just suck.

I liked watching Farrior and Porter yellin in his face on the last play of the game. 4 dropped passes, sorry TE.

Shaun Alexander sucks? 1800 yards and an NFL record 28 TDs in a season and he sucks?I hate the 1st amendment

SpurzN703 said:
Shaun Alexander sucks? 1800 yards and an NFL record 28 TDs in a season and he sucks?I hate the 1st amendment

Evidently you never watched him play. After seeing the numbers everyone thinks hes good. After watching him play you realize how good Walter Jones and Steve Hutchinson are.

Back
Top Bottom