AI Traded to Detroit | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

AI Traded to Detroit

ChambersWI

Going Ghost
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Pending league approval, the Denver Nuggets have agreed to send Allen Iverson to Detroit for Chauncey Billups, and Antonio McDyss.

Interesting trade. I'd say Denver got the better end of the deal.

Yup, Denver certainly got the better deal out of this. Billups is a very good PG and Mcdyess a very solid PF. They also got a C in the deal, not sure his name. All Detroit got is Iverson, a once very good PG/SG now on the decline. I just don't understand this trade at all, if Detroit thinks this will help their playoff chances, they will surely be fooled.

Reports are McDyess will be bought out. It'll be interesting if he goes back to Detroit or who will be interested in him. The names in the trade are big but I don't think Denver is close to being a contender. Detroit's window of opportunity may have past also.

Better trade for Denver than it was for Detroit. Their offense may start clicking.

Put Billups at PG, and J.R. Smith at the 2.

Not bad.

i like the trade for both teams. especially detroit who gets cap relief next year. as for denver, billups is on the decline as much as AI.

also, detroit can plug in stuckey and maxiell, which is something they've been dying to do for a while.

That was a horrible trade for Denver, i don't know what you guys are talking about. Joe Dumars as usually got the better of the Nuggets by trading him over the hill cap heavy players for one of the best scorers in the NBA. The Pistons can now make one last run with Wallace and Iverson but then become big players in the Lebron James sweepstakes when he turns free agency.

Denver.....well i dont know what Denver is doing.

Yup, Denver certainly got the better deal out of this. Billups is a very good PG and Mcdyess a very solid PF. They also got a C in the deal, not sure his name. All Detroit got is Iverson, a once very good PG/SG now on the decline. I just don't understand this trade at all, if Detroit thinks this will help their playoff chances, they will surely be fooled.

McDyess was bought out. Watch, he'll pull a Brent Barry and re-sign with Detroit

That was a horrible trade for Denver, i don't know what you guys are talking about. Joe Dumars as usually got the better of the Nuggets by trading him over the hill cap heavy players for one of the best scorers in the NBA. The Pistons can now make one last run with Wallace and Iverson but then become big players in the Lebron James sweepstakes when he turns free agency.

Denver.....well i dont know what Denver is doing.

I don't like it for Detroit because AI needs the ball in his hands at all times to be effective. He could get away with it in Denver because they had some very good shooters who could just stop and fire. The only guy who can do that in Detroit on a consistent basis is Rip.

I'm not saying it won't work, but this will limit Prince on offense, and could hurt the development of Stuckey this year.

Why do I say this? Look how bad the 6ers were the last 2 years AI and Webber were there. As soon as those 2 are gone, Iggy develops an offensive game, and Lou Williams becomes a great PG off the bench. The 6ers were in great position for the future, but getting Brand just sped up the process.

Is it me or does it seem that every team is trying to clear cap space for two years down the road.

Brilliant trade for the Pistons.

They have a gazillion power forwards, and McDyess was eating up minutes for those players (especially Amir Johnson, who is very talented). McDyess may come back later in the year, but the Pistons can give those minutes to their younger players in the interim.

AI is clearly a better player than Billups. It not really a debate for anyone to make. AI is a guy who shoots a lot, and he is on the decline, but for one year, he is still among the best scorers in the league. When has Detroit ever had that?

Stuckey is a guy who will develop this year, and the step into the starting role next year, and the Pistons will sign a guy like Boozer who can opt out. Then, the following year, they still have room to sign a max deal, and can go for a Chris Bosh if they don't get a dominant big this offseason, or one of the other crazy good FA's in 2010.

Brilliant move. Helps the Pistons now- and later.

Is it me or does it seem that every team is trying to clear cap space for two years down the road.

Yes, they are. It's the nature of the league. Have enough cap space to sign a true superstar when you can.

The Pistons now have enough room to sign TWO max deals over the next two seasons. That's as good as any team in the league, and they still have a team that has a chance at the Finals. Once there, anything can happen, especially with a key injury or blown call.

I think Detroit's window of opportunity closed. Other teams in the East are getting better and are younger. Not to say they can't compete or are going to be terrible. I think they're just going to take a step back in order to take two steps forward.

Back
Top Bottom