AJ Feeley, Proven or not proven? Lack of experience? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

AJ Feeley, Proven or not proven? Lack of experience?

juniorseau55

Go Fins
Reaction score
I think many people are wondering how big of an impact can AJ Feeley make. While there are more pressing needs than our Quarterback position at the moment I would have to say that I'm not expecting greatness from AJ Feeley but I'm expecting consistency and improvement down the stretch. Knowing that he was training under a great staff Under Andy Reid tells me that he will have success in the nfl if given the chance. Andy Reid has been coaching quarterbacks and most of them that he has coached have become Successful. Such as Brett Farve, Mc Nabb and many others. It takes a good passer to excell in the West Coast offense and when given the chance, AJ played under pressure and made accurate throws and reads. Now you all wonder why Rick Spielman Decided to go with a younger passer and it was a good move but not great. All we expect from Feeley is consistency, we haven't found a consistent passer in a while because of unfortunate injuries or on-field under achievement. We just need to move and hope he develops to be a good quarterback that can be consistent for us down the stretch during tough games.

The problem is that Feeley's name is too similar to Fiedler. This was all propaganda by the FO to keep Fiedler as the starter and throw a bone to the anti-fiedlerites... but they should've picked a QB with a different sounding last name.

Did Andy Reid have much of a hand in grooming Feeley? With him being 3rd string and all? Did Spielman watch the Eagles practice squad tapes to get footage on Feeley's play? After all, he's started 13 games since high school. I think you are right NOT to get too excited about the prospects of Feeley as QB. I will have to read MANY camp reports ('cause I can't get there) and they will all have to glowingly agree that Feeley is head and shoulders above Fiedler before I feel even a tinge of excitement for Fieldey, 'er, whomever.

Until he gets a shot to play in the regular season it will stay a mystery. I hope Speilman did his homework (a $3 Million bonus says he did) I can only hope he does well. A stronger arm is an upgrade from Fiedler / Griese already so if he has instincts and leadership qualities we can look forward to a promising season.

His arm strength and ability to lead wr's(wich will get better and better as tc continues) will be a much needed shot in the arm of this offense.......we will be able to open the offense more because feeley has the arm strength and needed accuracy.

Feeley needs to settle in and feel more comfortable, and only time can do that..

Back
Top Bottom