AJ Jenkins - WR, Illinois | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

AJ Jenkins - WR, Illinois

SCLSU Mud Dogs

Foosball is the devil
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
[video=youtube;O931W3wadpY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O931W3wadpY[/video]

This is Jenkins playing against Northwestern. He lit up Northwestern, which was the result of some pretty soft coverage. They were afraid of him beating them deep, and he did.

One thing I did notice was that he always went after the ball with his hands. One of the biggest problems that receivers have is waiting for the ball to come to them or trying to catch it with their body.

Apart from Jenkins having an impressive set of hands, I also noticed his ability to run routes in all areas of the field, which is an asset in an offense like Philbin's. He has pretty good route running, though it could be a bit more precise. He has the speed to create separation, whether it be in the flats, going deep or just over the middle.

Illinois didn't have a very good quarterback throwing him the ball, and he still managed to have 90 receptions, over 1,200 yards and eight touchdowns.

In this game against Northwestern, he had 12 receptions, 268 yards and 3 touchdowns. It was his best game at Illinois.

To put it into perspective, here is what he did against notable opponents as a senior:
OSU - 8 receptions, 80 yards 0TD
Michigan - 8 receptions, 103 yards 0TD
Wisconsin - 4 receptions, 33 yards 0TD
Penn State - 6 receptions, 43 yards 0TD
Arizona State - 6 receptions, 103 yards 1TD
Purdue - 8 receptions, 92 yards 0TD

He'll have to be coached up a bit at the NFL level, but I would feel great about picking this guy up in the 3rd round. Would be a terrific value pickup.

Combine had him at a 4.39 in the 40 so he has a good burst. To be honest he kinda reminds me of Greg Jennings at that point in their football careers (coming out of college) AJ seems to have a body type in which he can fill out a bit more and 6'0 195/200 pounds with that speed and good hands would be a great fit in a WCO and if he is there would be a great pick with one of our 3rd rounders.

Back
Top Bottom