Aj Johnson #83...harrison #37 Clark #88.. Terry Fair...not Yet..buckley? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Aj Johnson #83...harrison #37 Clark #88.. Terry Fair...not Yet..buckley?

You can ignore it all you want...

... but that is why D. Rodgers plays the way he plays. You can wish him gone all you want or think the so called BEST OLB in the NFL in this sytem would play any better. Odds are nothing would change. This system is designed for the middle guys to rack up the tackles. This is why Zach Thomas and Brock Marion always lead the D in tackles.

This is also why the DE's rack up the Sacks. This is all by design, and it is predicated upon the containment the OLB's provide. What you are asking for would ruin what the Dolphins have going here on D.

It's a shame that so many Dolphin fans are ignorant of this FACT.

Oliver...

Originally posted by scotgif
Like I said, I don't want to hear this "system" crap. The guy makes very few big plays, for as much "Physical talent" as he has. Next year, adios MOFO! We need to upgrade!

What I am asking for is some improved play from him. How can you expect Zach to make 90% of the tackles on the field? The other two LB's need to hold up their end of the bargain, too.

Now, before you "school" me on the fins defensive system again, I understand all that. All I want to see is at least a couple big plays from Rogers. Is that too much to expect? Or, does the "sytsem" not allow that?

It's my understanding...

... as I've said in 2 previous posts that is exactly what is suppose to happen. Zach is suppose to make that many tackles if not more. I didn't design the system, I can only repeat what has been described to all of us from JJ to Wanny as to how this D is suppose to function.

Everything is designed to go to the middle, this is just how our system works. And IMO yes you can always hope for better play in any position, but the Dolphins from what I understand have no complaints with D. Rodgers play. You may want more or better play as do I, but they seem very happy with his performance. For good reason, I may add.

I wish D. Rodgers would have more INT'. That's about the only thing I could say he can improve upon.

Oliver...

Originally posted by scotgif
What I am asking for is some improved play from him. How can you expect Zach to make 90% of the tackles on the field? The other two LB's need to hold up their end of the bargain, too.

Now, before you "school" me on the fins defensive system again, I understand all that. All I want to see is at least a couple big plays from Rogers. Is that too much to expect? Or, does the "sytsem" not allow that?

I agree Rodgers needs more plays...if the system doesn't allow for big plays, why did Galyon have sacks and INT that Rodgers didn't have all season? Was Galyon playing out of the system? Doing things he was supposed to do?

Rodger is physically talented but by all accords does not make the plays needed and an upgrade is defintely needed.

Sugarcoat or spin about the system all you want, but that's a FACT.

How does that prove anything?

... Galyon started 2 games and had 1 sack against the Bills. Sorry I don't see how anyone can form any solid opinions off of that.

Rodgers makes as many plays as he's asked to make due to his position, OLB.

Oliver...

Originally posted by Phinstd
I agree Rodgers needs more plays...if the system doesn't allow for big plays, why did Galyon have sacks and INT that Rodgers didn't have all season? Was Galyon playing out of the system? Doing things he was supposed to do?

Rodger is physically talented but by all accords does not make the plays needed and an upgrade is defintely needed.

Sugarcoat or spin about the system all you want, but that's a FACT.

Umm it's the system people. Everything in the league is based on a system. The system. Without a system nothing works. D. Rodgers plays great in our system.

You have your opinions I have mine...you can have yours and I will too....it's pretty obvious Rodghers is not that great...to me at least.

Back
Top Bottom