AJ/Marty/Brees to Packers? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

AJ/Marty/Brees to Packers?

If a new CBA gets done, Brees will have to choose between Sunny Miami with a team on the rise or cold Green Bay with a bad team and will have to compete with Rodgers.

Nublar7 said:
If a new CBA gets done, Brees will have to choose between Sunny Miami with a team on the rise or cold Green Bay with a bad team and will have to compete with Rodgers.
I was thinking the same thing Nub. I just wanted to share what I found today.:wink:

Nublar7 said:

Some people take a great football atmosphere and money over sunshine. You guys have empty seats when your winning.

Green Bay is the best football town in the world.

DaBills4life said:
Some people take a great football atmosphere and money over sunshine. You guys have empty seats when your winning.

Green Bay is the best football town in the world.
Um, Miami has one of the best football traditions out of any NFL team. Even better the Buffalo.

Nublar7 said:
Um, Miami has one of the best football traditions out of any NFL team. Even better the Buffalo.

So why dont you fill your stadium? If Miami was a small market, you guys would be in trouble. If it wasnt for corporations buying up tickets you guys would never see a football game in Miami.

Plus, Buffalo has a nice tradition. No Superbowl wins, but we were an old AFL team and won AFL championships.

Miami has a great tradition as well, but thats not what i was talking about. Its not a great football city. Its a great city for weather, entertainment, and g-string bikinis :D .

I love South Florida. I have family there. I went to a game with my Cousin, who is a huge Dolphin fan and has season tickets. A lot of orange seats were empty.

DaBills4life said:
So why dont you fill your stadium? If Miami was a small market, you guys would be in trouble. If it wasnt for corporations buying up tickets you guys would never see a football game in Miami.

Plus, Buffalo has a nice tradition. No Superbowl wins, but we were an old AFL team and won AFL championships.

Miami has a great tradition as well, but thats not what i was talking about. Its not a great football city. Its a great city for weather, entertainment, and g-string bikinis :D .

I love South Florida. I have family there. I went to a game with my Cousin, who is a huge Dolphin fan and has season tickets. A lot of orange seats were empty.

First off, it's a transient state. And most people are from somewhere else. They're not going to drop $200 for a team they don't root for.

Second, it's a very spread out area North/South... Third, the stadium's bright orange "empty seats" are often an illusion, as on an 85 degree day with a lot of beer, many people are cooling off in the concession ring, or in the club lounges.... Fourth, when's the last game we didn't sell out, and when was your last blackout up there in Buffalo? Newsflash: When the Bills aren't winning, your fans don't show up either...

PressCoverage said:
First off, it's a transient state. And most people are from somewhere else. They're not going to drop $200 for a team they don't root for.

Second, it's a very spread out area North/South... Third, the stadium's bright orange "empty seats" are often an illusion, as on an 85 degree day with a lot of beer, many people are cooling off in the concession ring, or in the club lounges.... Fourth, when's the last game we didn't sell out, and when was your last blackout up there in Buffalo? Newsflash: When the Bills aren't winning, your fans don't show up either...

Miami does have a lot of empy orange seats. It does get empty. Almost every week we see on the front page of this site, game could be blacked out If "certain number of seats" don't sell by Friday.

Nublar7 said:
Actually, he will have to choose either a team facing alot of cap trouble, or a team who is currently 17+ million under the cap, and will have more spending money for talent than the Dolphins, and if there isn't no cap in 2006, he will be going to a very rich franchise. Green Bay is owned by stocks, not a personal owner. Anyone can buy stock from Green Bay.

Green Bay has the best fans in the league, so you can just imagine how rich their franchise is.

Also, the Packers are a team in a very weak division like the NFC North compare to our division with teams like the Patriots, Dolphins, and Jets all trying to improve. Yeah, I would love to get Drew Brees, but if I were Brees, I would rather go to Green Bay. That team should be monsterous next season after a 7-8 new free agents they will be able to afford in 2006.

Also, Aaron Rodgers is likely not the future of that franchise. Green Bay isn't taking him too seriously especially if they are showing interest on a proven pro bowl caliber QB like Drew Brees over an unproven rookie like Aaron. Didn't they draft Aaron Brooks once? How did that work out for Brooks?

Of course, nothing is a sure thing yet, but we will see what happens.

Back
Top Bottom