Ajayi who???? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ajayi who????

My guess is you love bruising backs. I love them too, but they limit the offense and their time as a feature back is over. I am very happy with Drake. Besides missing seeing defensive players run over, I do not miss Ajayi. Drake over Ajayi every time.

I liked Ajayi because he almost never went down on first contact and always seemed to fall forward when tackled. Drake goes down too easily for my liking, arm tackles bring him down whereas Ajayi ran through those like it was nothing. Don't get me wrong though I am 100% behind Drake and hope he becomes a force for us.

What we lost by dealing Ajayi - getting 5-6 yards when most other RB's only get 2 (or getting 2 when they get stopped at the line). Drake doesn't have that. What we gained? After hitting the secondary, going to the house. Ajayi doesn't take that ball the distance yesterday he gets tracked down way earlier. Get a battering ram in the offseason, and you should be improved at the position. Totally different RB's, both have their strengths' and weaknesses, but both appear to be very good NFL players. Drake still has more to prove but I like what I've seen.

If Drake can stay healthy then the Ajayi trade is more doable if not its a terrible decision. Drake has been a injury prone player so the odds are not in Drakes court. Glad we won, with specials, defense and Drake yesterday also.

What we lost by dealing Ajayi - getting 5-6 yards when most other RB's only get 2 (or getting 2 when they get stopped at the line). Drake doesn't have that. What we gained? After hitting the secondary, going to the house. Ajayi doesn't take that ball the distance yesterday he gets tracked down way earlier. Get a battering ram in the offseason, and you should be improved at the position. Totally different RB's, both have their strengths' and weaknesses, but both appear to be very good NFL players. Drake still has more to prove but I like what I've seen.

You wrote a good summary, but you left out the following pros for Drake and cons for Ajayi:

- Signifcant improvement with pass protection from RB
- Significant increase for executing the play (less freelancing)
- Decreased predictability of offensive play calls

You wrote a good summary, but you left out the following pros for Drake and cons for Ajayi:

- Signifcant improvement with pass protection from RB
- Significant increase for executing the play (less freelancing)
- Decreased predictability of offensive play calls

Yes, I forgot to mention pass-catching ability (points to your final statement). I wasn't aware he was better with pass protection but I know Williams is. Thanks for the additions!

I dunno man . . . I think you are underestimating them by quite a margin.

Carson Wentz is absolutely LEGIT . . . and when you have a LEGIT QB . . . it is hard to be "so overrated".

Philly was in that game last night . . . they just made some dumb mistakes in probably the toughest place to play in the NFL with the bright lights on. Better now than in January.

They were missing Ertz for most of that game and Peters is out for the year. That defense is as loaded in the front 7 as you get. That OLine and Running game is top level. Their receivers are solid.

Where they can be had is in the secondary . . . if a teams offensive line can hold up enough against their front but even still I think they are the best team in the NFC mainly because of Seattle's injuries on defense and Aaron Rodgers injury.

We'll learn more next week when they get the Rams.
Fair enough, you make some good points, but Philly always seems to lack that "it" factor year after year. My problem is who they have beaten not necessarily their winning record, when they get to teams with a winning record they seem to fold. One thing I will agree with you whole heartedly though is.........A top notch QB makes all the difference in the world to an NFL team..........Philly is living proof of that.

Fair enough, you make some good points, but Philly always seems to lack that "it" factor year after year. My problem is who they have beaten not necessarily their winning record, when they get to teams with a winning record they seem to fold. One thing I will agree with you whole heartedly though is.........A top notch QB makes all the difference in the world to an NFL team..........Philly is living proof of that.

Damn right!!! And we're living proof of it as well lol Thanks Jay

Drake is a keeper IMO. I think he's a lot stronger than most give him credit for. He's versatile as hell. It's hard to argue a 5 ypc guy who can break tackles, catch, block, and has great acceleration. With another back to pair with, this guy can be a Dolphin for awhile. At 6'1" 220 lbs this guy has the size and all the tools. Just hold onto the ball and the name Ajayi will be old news sooner than later.

Not sure about this thread but does Philly value Blount more? I would have thought Jay was the better player, am I wrong? Seems like Blount gets a lot more carries.

He has been on the team for a few weeks, and has to learn the offense. This isn’t baseball where it’s plug and play. These guys have to learn a whole new language. Jay struggled knowing the offense when he had training camp with us.

Drake is a better overall back than Ajayi. Ajayi has no hands, the trade was a good one

I really liked Ajayi and as a pure runner he's awesome. As an all around back, Drake is better for sure. I really like what we have in Drake. Cut out the fumbling and we're all good.

You think Tannehill is that top notch QB?

Not top notch. Top 12. Important enough to change a game. Going from the 12th best QB to one of the worst is a huge gap. Dropping 11 pts in QB rating is a ton. My point is if you don't have a QB in the NFL, your team is basically a shell of themselves kind of like we are now. Look at the Broncos lol Even that D cannot overcome the terrible offense. Cutlers ineptness makes the defense have to stay on the field constantly. It also ruins the offense which directly correlates with the D. It's a team game but if there's one position that can change/ruin a team it's QB. We're watching it before our own eyes. Cutler had his best game and our D did as well. Just look at the teams who have backups in..Texans, Packers, Indy, Cards. Besides the Vikes with Keenum, it's a real trend especially in today's NFL where QB play is everything.

Back
Top Bottom