AJ's Punt Return | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

AJ's Punt Return

Would AJ of made a TD if he was not face masked?

• YES

Votes: 11 84.6%
  • NO

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters

IceStorm

The High Tech Bong Monkey!
Reaction score
Well, we all wanted Ogden gone because of his 'fumblitis' disease. And that Albert Johnson was better.

I agree with this logic. But my question is this.

Does anyone think that AJ was on his way for a TD on the return where he got facemasked? I think he was.

no question

he was going to go untouched if he was not face masked...

he had some tentative moments and yes a bad fumble , but if he has the touches he will return one .... at least

Re: It sure looked like a TD

But maybe, just maybe the idiot that tried taking his head off, might have tried another angle. He might have caught him, but I seriously doubt it!

A.J. had the NFL jitters for sure. He was not used as a Wr, which might have helped ease the butterflies in his stomach. They did not even have to throw to him just put him in and run a couple of routes. Ahhhh who knows.

One thing for sure is returns are not an easy task. And IMO he has what it takes, he just cannot make the same blunders as last week.

Absolutely........ I can only imagine what the kid felt. He knew his jitters were causing him to not perform as he had hoped, and what better way to calm everyone down and regain his confidence and that of the coaches and teamates than with a return for TD (I don't even know when was the last time we did that).

And that all ended with a horrible penalty by that guy..... I can only imagine the thoughts in his mind.

That play alone should earn him another shot next Sunday. I am sure the kid will do ok.

Another shot? Of course. I dont see anyone on the roster any longer who is a legitimate PR. Ward? Baker and Ogden are no longer on the team. Minor might try kickoffs?

The good thing is that AJ's mistakes are coachable. There may be a point when the coach tells him 50 times to cover up the ball in traffic, and if he still doesnt do it in gametime, then he might get yanked. But until now, he has shown instincts that cannot be taught.

Well, from what I saw about the return was that he had some open field ahead of him. And that the only chance homer had was to face mask him. I think even AJ knew that, and he got excited. Then got face masked. I think thats why he got up in that dudes face about it. He was pissed that he just got robbed of a return in his first NFL game.

Well I think he was pissed that had the angles been a little bit different, Todd Lyght may have broken AJ's neck. I know I would be...

AJ Johnson is very impressive to me. Had good kickoff returns, and even on a "bad" day where he had "jitters" he would have broken off a touchdown had he not been facemasked so blatantly.

Back
Top Bottom