Al Michaels might be leaving ESPN/ABC | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Al Michaels might be leaving ESPN/ABC

MikeO

Premium Member
Club Member
Reaction score
Even though he just signed a deal to go to ESPN for MNF, rumor is he is trying to get out of it to go to NBC to stay with Madden.

Plus, at NBC, Al would get to work Super Bowls and playoff games.

It would be a smart move on his part...IF he can get out of that contract. I personally like Michaels and think he's one of the best in the business, so it would be good to hear him on more "important" games.

Well maybe they can let Theisman do the MNF games by himself, Im sure thats how he wants it.

Adam First said:
I like the guys that do Sunday night football better anyways.

Are you serious. How can you possible say that the SNF crew is better than Madden and Michaels.

Dammit! Now the Madden commentary will suck in 07 (Mad Al Michaels bugs, saying the WR's name when it should be the QB's name for passing stats etc.) Al and John are good tho... I just want Al's Madden bugs fixed

finfansince72 said:
Well maybe they can let Theisman do the MNF games by himself, Im sure thats how he wants it.

:yeahthat: Where are my ear plugs at?

MikeO said:
Even though he just signed a deal to go to ESPN for MNF, rumor is he is trying to get out of it to go to NBC to stay with Madden.

Plus, at NBC, Al would get to work Super Bowls and playoff games.

1. Where is this rumor from?

2. Which playoof games will NBC get. The same as ABC had or do they get the divisional round as well?

finfansince72 said:

GAWD I hope not. That guy makes an offsides sound like the most incredible play he has ever seen-everytime. I dont think he has ever come down from the Narcotics they gave him after LT snapped his twig.....

I just can't see Theisman and Michaels working together. At least Madden had some ability to keep a commentary flow consistent.

Noodle Arm said:
It would be a smart move on his part...IF he can get out of that contract. I personally like Michaels and think he's one of the best in the business, so it would be good to hear him on more "important" games.

What more "important" games would you be talking about? The NFL tries to make all the MNF games important or at least intriguing.

SMadison29 said:
What more "important" games would you be talking about? The NFL tries to make all the MNF games important or at least intriguing.

If I'm not mistaken, the nbc sunday night football games will feature the more attractive matchups as opposed to espn's monday night games (for now at least).Plus as MikeO stated, nbc would have the playoffs and super bowl.

Quick question though, when does nbc have the rights for the super bowl? Would it be next year or does Fox/cbs have the rights for it then?

Noodle Arm said:
If I'm not mistaken, the nbc sunday night football games will feature the more attractive matchups as opposed to espn's monday night games (for now at least).

Right you are

Noodle Arm said:
Quick question though, when does nbc have the rights for the super bowl? Would it be next year or does Fox/cbs have the rights for it then?

CBS has it next year

WestCoastPhins said:
Are you serious. How can you possible say that the SNF crew is better than Madden and Michaels.

Thay put me to sleep ..they are so booooring

I think NBC made a mistake w/ Masdden and would be doing so w/ Michaels. they should have a new sound coming from the broadcast booth.

Back
Top Bottom