Alabama ILB Rolando McClain workouts for Dolphins | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Alabama ILB Rolando McClain workouts for Dolphins

Big drop off in the draft at ILB after McClain. I see him as the same player as Dansby though. I would prefer someone who compliments Dansby, does the things that Dansby can't do or isn't particularly good at.

Wouldn't oppose the pick though, he would start over Crowder.

Crowder being expendable would be a dream come true. But this has to be due diligence...just too many other needs and it's hard to envision a scenario where the ONLY option is to pick McClain.

I beleive they are going to give Channing a shot to play next to Dansby and see if he will step it up, I could see us drafting someone later in draft but not at 1.
If Channing doesnt step up then ILB could be addressed early next year.
Chubbs

I beleive they are going to give Channing a shot to play next to Dansby and see if he will step it up, I could see us drafting someone later in draft but not at 1.
If Channing doesnt step up then ILB could be addressed early next year.
Chubbs

Agreed.

Yeah, I don't think ILB is a need at this point. Working McClain out was probably all part of the trickery leading up to the draft.

Guys Crowder can improve next to Dansby, but his set backs last year are very dicouraging.

Yeah, I listened to him on Sirius a couple hours ago. He didnt really say much just stated he just left Miami and will be visiting the Giants next. I prefer to go in a different direction since we signed Dansby.

It's always good to look at all our options, but as others have stated the need at that position has been filled. And the drop off between McClain to Crowder isn't as large as the dropoff at some of our positions(Dan Williams to Solai, Derrick Morgan/Brandon Graham to Charlie Anderson, Earl Thomas to Chris Clemons, etc, etc, etc).

As well, i just don't see McClain making it past Denver at 11. They rebuilt their D-line through Free Agency(thereby eliminating a need), then proceeded to cut Andra Davis and have made no effort to fill that position. Seems like they are pretty confident in drafting him.

I might be in the minority here ... but i actually think McClains' versatility can allow him to make the switch to OLB ... lord knows Miami's OLB couldn't set the edge against the run last season ... McClain could be just what the Doctor ordered in that dept ... just my opinion!!!

Who knows. Maybe they're thinkin about switching dansby to olb and mcclain as Ilb

Back
Top Bottom