Alabama ILB Rolando McClain workouts for Dolphins | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Alabama ILB Rolando McClain workouts for Dolphins

I might be in the minority here ... but i actually think McClains' versatility can allow him to make the switch to OLB ... lord knows Miami's OLB couldn't set the edge against the run last season ... McClain could be just what the Doctor ordered in that dept ... just my opinion!!!

I just don't see him making the transition to olb. I guess my main reasoning is Ithink he plays to upright and will get killed in the open field by fullbacks in the running game. He plays to upright and he is a drag tackler and not a solid hitter....He actually looks like a bear dry humping a sappling when he tackles.

I just don't see him making the transition to olb. I guess my main reasoning is Ithink he plays to upright and will get killed in the open field by fullbacks in the running game. He plays to upright and he is a drag tackler and not a solid hitter....He actually looks like a bear dry humping a sappling when he tackles.

I agree with that. It seems like he usually just wraps up and hopes his weight can drag them down. I could see MJD dragging him for 10 yards..

Crowder's got glass knees - he really shouldn't be a factor in any long term planning such as who to draft in the first round

For me, McClain is different to Dansby - drafting him would give you a nice combo of a heavy hitter and a speed guy. Or you have the option of moving Dansby outside. Either way McClain probably has a lot less question marks than any of the outside linebackers on offer

I would prefer Donald Butler over him....hellI'd even prefer a 2 down player like Micah Johnson who will knock someone out and send a message other than the "I will hump you into submission" tackle technique of McClain. We'd lose him after one preseason game because he'd get arrested for date rape on the football field! Nowthat I said all ofthat we can safely assume with the 12th pick the Miami Dolphins select LB Rolando McClain from Alabama.

McClain wildcard for us is that he totally knows our defense and is smart enough to do multiple facets with Dansby.

If by the end of this draft we ended up with a good OLB, McClain, and Cam Thomas/Linvale Joseph, you could just chalk this one up to top 5 defense eventually.

If we must draft a LB in the first round, then I'd much rather have McClain than Morgan, JPP, or Graham.

I was going to ask about moving him to SOLB but you answered that very nicely. What about moving Dansby to SOLB I heard something about that back when we were signing him.

BD,
That was a theory before he signed. The media said that Miami would move him to OLB if they were in a bidding war a needed to find a logical reason to pay him more. Dansby will be a MLB and he will let Crowder dowhathe does best andthat's randomlyruninto the fat guys andtake up a blocker. Also it make more sense tokeep Dansby in the middle of the field to defendthe passing game. Coveringthe middle of the field takes away more options than relagating him to one side where a safety and a corner and the boundries all can shorten the passing game naturally.

Back
Top Bottom