Alabi | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Alabi

IAFINFAN said:
Don' t know enough about him. I like what I have read on him since the draft but since I have never seen him play, guess we'll have to see. If he was drafted last year he wouldn't stand a chance but with a good OL coach that we have now I like his chance to make the team. If I recall HH was wanting this guy bad when we had the chance to draft him that Saban picked his man. Also saw a couple post on other teams MB that have seen him play and they claim Miami got a steal. Again, we know how fans are.

I don't know about him at all. I asked on draft day but people were still on the Ronnie high so I got no info. Good to hear Houk wanted him badly. That is a good sign and he will coach him to his best potential. I sure hoipe he's a steal. We need one on the line!

Quelonio said:
He does look really light if you see the pictures on the Palm Beach Post, I guess if he can bench press as much as is stated above, that does not really matter, but it just seems that he is not big enough

I agree he seems real slim to me. I could see why that reporter said he looked much less than his listed 310 lbs. He seems to have the tools and Houck scouted him personally so you have to like his upside. He seems like a 1-2 year project. I doubt he gets any kind of playing time this year but if they can put some more beef on him and get some fire in him he might be a solid LT that we need.

MelbournePhin said:
what happens next year when there is a surplus of LT in the draft. if we have a high enough pick and a guy like winston or ferguson is there? do we take them? i say yes.

I agree, UNLESS there's greater value with a different position.
we'll just have to see how the draft shapes up next year.

This much I do know:

Saban will get the best possible player for each pick, whoever it turns out to be!

I like the way he turned Roth outside on that one play they showed at the end of the mini-camp clip from day 3.

I didn't follow him at all in his college career, but would have to defer to HH's judgment. If he felt the kid had potential...so do I.....

I don't know much about him but from what everyone has posted so far, I think he definitely has potential. The best thing that happened to him was the hiring of Houck as our offensive line coach. That will give him a chance right there.

He really got away with just using his strength at the level of play he was at in college.

He's strong, but it doesn't always translate to the field. What I mean by that is he doesn't consistently get low enough to have great leverage and push out the bull rush. He has an entire summer to gain some weight and overall mass in his legs to anchor.

He really lacks the elite agility and change of direction skills of a solid to good LT. I honestly think his best spot is LG with his leg strength if he learns to bend at the knees and anchor against the bull rush.

I hope for the best, but he seems an awful lot like a more experienced Wade Smith to me.

It was obviously Houck's personal pick that Saban gave to him so he better work this guy into at least a solid backup.

MelbournePhin said:
what happens next year when there is a surplus of LT in the draft. if we have a high enough pick and a guy like winston or ferguson is there? do we take them? i say yes.

yes... and if Alabi is doing good this year then he can eventually replace McDougle in the future at RT for a much cheaper contract! :cooldude:

this guy will be a beast, he is extremely strong and with Houck teaching him there is no limit on his potential

Back
Top Bottom