Alan Faneca 'must' be a offseason priority | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Alan Faneca 'must' be a offseason priority

But we will then go "back" to $30-32mil once we cut Marty Booker's $5mil. He's a guaranteed cut too.

And other teams have their Marty Booker's too. Fact remains that we are right in the middle of the pack salary cap wise and probably will stay right there. Nothing bad about it, just putting your optimism into perspective a wee bit.

So in the end, we will still be back to "at least" $35mil of salary cap space to "keep our promise of KEEPING JT and building this year's team around him".

How come I've never heard of that promise of ours until now? When and where did Parcells say "we will build around Jason Taylor"? Got a link?

And how many of those guys did anything worth a damn? Jason Allen may be starting to turn the corner, but I still consider him a bust. Daniels is nothing more than an average number two corner. Andre Goodman will never be anything more than a nickel or dime back. Fred Evans and Manny Wright are already off the team. Matt Roth has dissapointed. We're still waiting on Rod Wright.

None of this past years defensive draftees did a single thing. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that Kelvin Smith was the only one out of four defensive players drafted to register a single tackle. And that is exactly what he did...register one, and only one tackle the entire year. And its not exactly like these were buried on the depth chart behind star players, if you can't crack the lineup of a 1-15 team, you better try the CFL.

Dude, you are in a completely different subject. The statement was that "MIA has NOT done anything about drafting to get younger on defense". That was just not a true statement.

Whether, they become stellar players or not is besides the point or it takes 3 years to determine that. The fact that we "have" drafted to get our defense younger is the facts.

We've been drafting correctly...now we must "sign" FA's correctly. Face the reality.

And other teams have their Marty Booker's too. Fact remains that we are right in the middle of the pack salary cap wise and probably will stay right there. Nothing bad about it, just putting your optimism into perspective a wee bit.

How come I've never heard of that promise of ours until now? When and where did Parcells say "we will build around Jason Taylor"? Got a link?

Dude, you need to keep up with the Joneses kid. It was in BP's opening PC. He was asked about JT. He said that they are "NOT" trading JT and that they are actually going to "build" the team around him. Exact words.

Also, other teams have their Joey Porters, Trent Greens, and Zach Thomases as well. we will be among the top of pack in the end as well as now.

If you look at all the teams that improved their OL dramatically last offseason...it was teams like CLE, who signed Eric Steinbach at "LG", DAL, who signed Leonard Davis at "LG", SD re-signed Kris Dielman a "LG", and don't forget that Adrian Peterson ran behind Steve Hutchinson at "LG", and one of the reasons I believe that Trent Edwards impressed was because they signed Derek Dockery at "LG".

I am one who thinks that LG is the most underrated position on the OL. If we sign Alan Faneca watch our OL look completely different. And even though I want MIA to "also" sign Flozell Adams if not draft Jake Long(Matt Ryan is my #1 choice)...Faneca would even make Vernon Carey look better and/or push him into a Pro Bowler.

Let's not forget that Richmond Webb had Keith Sims(a pro bowler) right next to him at "LG".

Just to clarify something you said. Leonard Davis played RG for Dallas, not LG. Kyle Kosier played LG next to Flozell Adams.

With that said, I understand what you are trying to say and would love to have Faneca for the right price.

Dude, you need to keep up with the Joneses kid. It was in BP's opening PC. He was asked about JT. He said that they are "NOT" trading JT and that they are actually going to "build" the team around him. Exact words.

Dude, I have seriously no idea what you're talking about. There's positively no mention of Jason Taylor in Parcell's opening PC as transcribed on the official website.

Dude, I have seriously no idea what you're talking about. There's positively no mention of Jason Taylor in Parcell's opening PC as transcribed on the official website.

You are probably on the wrong PC. And if it wasn't the "opening PC", it was the next one. But it was common knowledge what BP stated. It was on all the different newspapers for like 2 weeks afterwards.

You are probably on the wrong PC. And if it wasn't the "opening PC", it was the next one.

Uhm ... Bill Parcells only gave the one PC.

But it was common knowledge what BP stated

Apparently it wasn't. I've just asked a couple of friends who also regularly follow the Dolphins and not one of them remembers Parcells saying such a thing. I'm starting to think you're pulling a prank here. It's either that or I seriously wonder if ...

Face the reality.

... we're talking about the same reality. But since it ran in all newspapers for weeks, you shouldn't have any trouble providing us with a link. I'd really appreciate that before I start whistling the X-Files theme ...

Wow. Ur friends dont know the MIA dolphins. Ask around on this forum even. I'm sure that they will confirm what BP stated. And yes, there was more than one PC. The opening PC was "not" the one where he mentioned not wanting "hoodlums" remember?

So you can't even provide us people who don't know the Miami Dolphins with a simple link where it says that Parcells called Jason Taylor and promised him to build a team around him?

I'm not going to ask around the forum. I'm asking you specifically to prove your claim. That should be easy enough if it's such common knowledge. If you can't do that, however, I have to arrive at the conclusion that you're simply making this stuff up. I just can't imagine why someone would invent press conferences though.

In fact, the only direct reference Parcells has publicly made about Jason Taylor was before he even took his office in Miami. In his last appearance on ESPN he said: "My idea would be to keep the good players we have and try to collect some more. And I think Jason Taylor has been a pretty good player in Miami."

Note that this neither constitutes a "promise" (especially not to Jason Taylor personally), doesn't say he called Jason or wants to build his team around Jason. Note the subjunctive form. Note that what you're claiming were his exact words weren't his exact words at all. All he's saying is that Taylor has been a good player and his idea would be to keep him.

And yes, there was more than one PC

No, there was not. The thugs and hoodlums comment is from his introductory press conference.

Uhm ... Bill Parcells only gave the one PC.

Apparently it wasn't. I've just asked a couple of friends who also regularly follow the Dolphins and not one of them remembers Parcells saying such a thing. I'm starting to think you're pulling a prank here. It's either that or I seriously wonder if ...

... we're talking about the same reality. But since it ran in all newspapers for weeks, you shouldn't have any trouble providing us with a link. I'd really appreciate that before I start whistling the X-Files theme ...

It was on ESPN, my bad. The call was Jeff Ireland and a few articles that are too old to open up on palmbeachpost.

Then, the point is proven. That BP is looking to "add" pieces to JT to compete. Which was the point of the argument.

My idea would be to keep the good players we have and try to collect some more," Parcells said. "And I think Jason Taylor has been a pretty good player in Miami."

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007...its-to-jason-taylor-not-cam-cameron-or-randy/

Then, the point is proven

Not really. There still remains the issue that a lot of stuff you have disguised as quotes in your earlier posts aren't quotes at all. Nobody ever said that he wanted to build his team around JT. In fact, Bill's sole comment on Taylor could just as easily be a way to attract potential buyers. After all, you aren't a clever salesman if you're looking like you're desperate to get rid of your product. Claiming that Taylor is an important piece might as well be a means to get his price up.

As for the call, Ireland also called Beck. If calling Taylor means that he wants to build his team around him, why doesn't calling Beck mean the same? In other threads you're claiming that Miami will draft Ryan. That doesn't make a lot sense, if you see what I mean.

Anyway, of course you're free to interpret the stuff as you see fit. I'm not interpreting it the same way, but that's just as fine. It is, however, somewhat problematic if you disguise your interpretation as a statement of fact. I don't know what Parcells is going to do in regard to Jason. Neither do you. We can draw conclusions from what he said or didn't say, sure, but that's just that: our conclusions. As long as Parcells doesn't go on the mic as the VP of Football Operations of the Miami Dolphins saying "We will keep Jason Taylor and build a team around him" everything's speculation.

Back
Top Bottom