Alanta Game | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Alanta Game

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Is next Fridays game going to be a national broadcast??????(Brent said it would) Does this mean, those of us outside of Folorida see our team in live action for the first time this year.

Tragic news about Vick. There went a teams whole season.

Originally posted by 95340
Tragic news about Vick. There went a teams whole season.

They say he's going to miss a minimum of four season games, but might come back sooner then that. If Atlanta can pull out a couple of wins when Vick is out, their season is far from over. Remember how the Jets and Titans started off last season, and how they finished?

It sucks we won't be able to see Vick play next week. I wanted to see how our defense would do against him.

Yes this is suppose to be a nationally televised game.

It's nationally televised on CBS. Simms and Gumbel will call it. It's funny, because the game is going to be blacked out in the Miami area. WE'LL actually be giving THEM play-by-play. lol.

Yup, it will be on CBS. (ok, this will be my one and only response, I promise, :D )

OMG not that Phil "When I used to play we always....." Simms punk. Sometimes I get so sick of him telling us how it is in the NFL. Whens the last time he took a snap from a center? Yes, it was good as a player. But as a commentator.......well I think he should look into his 401k.

I checked on the tv guide website and it has the Oakland game scheduled for 6:00 pm (Pacific Time). I have Direct TV, you guys think I can cacth it on one of them CBS channels?

I was in a bar last night watching the Eagles game me and some guy's were talking about Vick, and I was saying I was a Canes fan and I remember him very well from his VT days and one thing I thought was a knock on him was he was injury prone and dont you know not five minutes latter the word came across the screen Vick out six to eight weeks with a broken ankle. Now I'm not psychic but that was weird,anyways even if Vick comes back in five weeks he will still have to get himself into game shape again so the length of time might be 7-8 weeks before he's his old self again if at all. BTW, I saw the promo on TV for the Fins- Atlanta game last night, so yes us non Florida residents will get our first peeks at the 2003-2004 SB champ Miami Dolphins......GO FINS!

Foreseeing Vick's Injury

Originally posted by rickykicks@$$
I was in a bar last night watching the Eagles game me and some guy's were talking about Vick, and I was saying I was a Canes fan and I remember him very well from his VT days and one thing I thought was a knock on him was he was injury prone and dont you know not five minutes latter the word came across the screen Vick out six to eight weeks with a broken ankle. Now I'm not psychic but that was weird...

FinHeaven's most astute football guru and resident sage Phan4Ever commented on just this possibility on April 6 in just another of his many salient and insightful posts, to wit:

Does anyone else out there think the day's gonna come when Vick REALLY gets his clock cleaned on a scramble, and he'll suffer an injury that affects his career?

Okay, so a clean break that heals well is not a chronic debilitating injury, but it does look like his career may be about 5% shorter in terms of the total number of games he will play in. So I'll take credit for being pretty much on the mark, kind of ;), although I wouldn't wish this kind of break on anyone -- except Sapp.

i hope all of the home games get blacked out this year. you guys in miami(like me) need to buy & support the squad.

this wouldn't be a good example, because it's a preseason game.

Originally posted by Sherif
Never count out Vermeil with an injured QB. Rember St. Louis.

Vermeil is coaching the chiefs, last i checked dan reeves was coaching the falcons

Re: Foreseeing Vick's Injury

Originally posted by Phan4Ever

FinHeaven's most astute football guru and resident sage Phan4Ever commented on just this possibility on April 6 in just another of his many salient and insightful posts, to wit:

Okay, so a clean break that heals well is not a chronic debilitating injury, but it does look like his career may be about 5% shorter in terms of the total number of games he will play in. So I'll take credit for being pretty much on the mark, kind of ;), although I wouldn't wish this kind of break on anyone -- except Sapp.

Tough break for Vick and Falcons fans.

I made this point about Vick in an earlier thread. I saw the same thing with Randall Cunningham, eventually the running will catch up with you.

Why do you think the average NFL RB is only in the league for 4 years?

IMO a QB that can scramble is great (see Steve Young), but a QB that makes it a primary weapon will not be around for long.

Originally posted by rickykicks@$$
I was in a bar last night watching the Eagles game me and some guy's were talking about Vick, and I was saying I was a Canes fan and I remember him very well from his VT days and one thing I thought was a knock on him was he was injury prone and dont you know not five minutes latter the word came across the screen Vick out six to eight weeks with a broken ankle. Now I'm not psychic but that was weird,anyways even if Vick comes back in five weeks he will still have to get himself into game shape again so the length of time might be 7-8 weeks before he's his old self again if at all. BTW, I saw the promo on TV for the Fins- Atlanta game last night, so yes us non Florida residents will get our first peeks at the 2003-2004 SB champ Miami Dolphins......GO FINS!

thats the thing about scrammbling QB's who run alot especially in the open field. they get injured. remember that QB from Philly with the long *** legs who would leap over everyone? well, they learn to calm down a bit after that and stick in the pocket, becuase the threat of taking off can sometimes be better than actually taking off. every time Jay takes off, i hold my breath.

Back
Top Bottom