Albert Haynesworth | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Albert Haynesworth

Saban in '06 said:
They should do it to other players too in extreme cases. A DB and a WR wrestling is always gonna happen and that should slide, but assaulting a defenseless player while he is down to that extreme is just a crime.

not if the player doesnt press charges

Rocky Raccoon said:
oh I totally agree, but if you're not going to arrest a baseball player for punching another player in the face, you can't arrest Haynesworth...no matter how more severe it was.

The fact that he's wearing spikes makes it more severe than a punch. It's the difference between a battery and a battery with a weapon.

Before you claim that spikes aren't a weapon, I'll give you an example from a case in Florida. A guy gets in a fist fight with another guy. The first guy was wearing a ring which results in a gash on the face of the second. Because of the ring the the first guy was charged with battery with a weapon.

rafael said:
The fact that he's wearing spikes makes it more severe than a punch. It's the difference between a battery and a battery with a weapon.

Before you claim that spikes aren't a weapon, I'll give you an example from a case in Florida. A guy gets in a fist fight with another guy. The first guy was wearing a ring which results in a gash on the face of the second. Because of the ring the the first guy was charged with battery with a weapon.

that's a good point, and I didn't really think of that. But Andre Gurode already said he wasn't going to press charges, so I guess we'll see what happens from here.

He should've gotten a whole season suspension, no excuse. Goodell needs to send a message not only to the NFL players, also, pee wee, high school and college players this intentional behavior is not accepted.

Back
Top Bottom