Alex Barron @ #7 and Shawn Merriman @ #18??? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Alex Barron @ #7 and Shawn Merriman @ #18???

FuturePhin said:
DJ is 6-4 and has added 10 pds of muscle which shot him up to 240 if I remember correctly. Thats size! He also hasnt lost any speed by gaining that muscle either. Either lb would work. It all depends on who gets the hype in the draft. Hopefully one falls....
i haven't heard about dj gaining that weight hum... that kind of persuades me to take another look at him if i'm Saban i just don't feel like we need to put all ours eggs in one basket by drafting all offensive players, we need to revamp our D a good bit.

This years draft is weak at LT, as an FSU fan and someone who has watched him alot I would take him at 18 if there but no way at 7. I really think "IF" we get the 7 and 18 picks, Caddy will be the pick at 7 with the 18th being used to trade down to the end of or out of round one. We arent in the greatest cap situation and 2 firsts would be EXTREMELY difficult. Now if we move down to our original 2nd with Philly adding a 3rd and a 4th, we may get four players for the price of one. Then throw in the Surtain trade and we could be in buisness!

jnewmant said:
i haven't heard about dj gaining that weight hum... that kind of persuades me to take another look at him if i'm Saban i just don't feel like we need to put all ours eggs in one basket by drafting all offensive players, we need to revamp our D a good bit.

I think this draft is all about BPA!! Not just based on the side of the ball. Im not sure how Saban will work the draft. Will he want to just drop down, or will he move up??? Im dieing to see how he will work his first draft.

i'd rather take a LT that is less talented but gives 100% of his effort on a consistent basis

nighttrain76 said:
If we can trade down with Minn this would be a great first round!!!! What do you all think? We pick up a left tackle, a LB for the 3-4 defense and some youth.
If we wanted to cover those two positions with #7 and #18 picks, it would be more likely to pick Merriman at #7 and Khalif Barnes at #18. Some scouts think Barnes will be a better pro left tackle than Barron anyway.

MrClean said:
If we wanted to cover those two positions with #7 and #18 picks, it would be more likely to pick Merriman at #7 and Khalif Barnes at #18. Some scouts think Barnes will be a better pro left tackle than Barron anyway.

I completely agree with those scouts. Barnes has far superior footwork. I found two FSU tapes I saved and the more I study Barron the less I like him. He is somewhat stiff and awkward in the upper body and not explosive.

Merriman will be gone long before #18. In fact, he is the type of player who invariably gets taken much earlier than projected.

Maybe Merriman at 7 and Barron at 18.

I want a lot of other players at those picks though.

bakedmatt said:
aren't we obligated not to draft a LT?

You mean because we promised.....shoot....which lineman was it (DM or St. Claire?). Well, we promised that we would not sign or draft a LT. I agree. I don't think we take a LT in this draft.

jnewmant said:
i'll take caddy at seven and Barnes at 18

I think that would be phenomenal! Not that I believe for a second we'll actually trade with Minnesota. But if we did your combo sounds better than anything I've read here. Caddy probably won't slip to #7.

nighttrain76 said:
If we can trade down with Minn this would be a great first round!!!! What do you all think? We pick up a left tackle, a LB for the 3-4 defense and some youth.

Iono, if we made those picks, I would have to vomit my own entrails and set them on fire, then proceeed to stop drop & roll

Back
Top Bottom