Alex Barron Impressive Debut | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Alex Barron Impressive Debut

ckparrothead

Premium Member
Reaction score
Alex Barron made his debut against the Tennessee Titans yesterday.

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sp...3BF7534D8BB5B7B7862570880011D2B7?OpenDocument

Here are some favorite quotes:

But late in the third quarter of the Rams' 31-27 win over Tennessee, Barron got his initiation. Moments after hopelessly overmatched right tackle Blaine Saipaia got trampled (again) for a sack, resulting in a fumble recovery and a game-tying touchdown, raging head coach Mike Martz hollered for the rookie.

Martz told Barron he was up - in for Saipaia.

Barron's reaction was priceless:

"For real, Coach?"

...Barron's approach went something like this:

See the bad man trying to get to Bulger? Knock him down. And gore him.

See the bad men trying to tackle Marshall Faulk? Shove them out of the way. And gore them.

See the loose football after a Bulger fumble? Fall on it. And gore anyone who comes near you.

...Barron certainly seemed to be locked in mentally and physically on that second play, when he turned Vanden Bosch into a can of carpet cleaner.

"I saw it," tight end Roland Williams said. "Barron lifted the guy up and slammed him right on his face. That got everybody's attention. You know, Barron is a quiet kid. He doesn't say much. But what he did on the field today was loud. Very loud."

..."He is just like Big O," Martz said. "He is just as talented, goodness gracious, he is."

And alert. Late in the game, Bulger fumbled on a scramble. Titans cornerback Andre Woolfolk had the inside track to the ball. But into the picture came Big Smooth and his 320 pounds of flying elbows. Barron swatted Woolfolk away, seemingly annoyed that some gnat would attempt to grab a football that clearly belonged to the Rams.

"Only thing I was thinking was, I best try to get over there before anybody on the Tennessee team did," Barron said. "I saw the ball and got there before he did."

That's Barron's version.

Here's Woolfolk's: "I tried jumping on the football, and he bounced me right off of it."

Some of you may remember that this guy was one of my favorite players in the draft. I really could not believe he fell as far as he did but wanted to wait until we see him in action before I really start harping on how many teams passed over the guy.

He's just better than everyone else. They aren't lying when they say he's got Orlando Pace's talent. He's got a wing span that was at least 2 inches wider than everyone else measured (which is a big difference). He's supremely athletic, and he's got tons of leg strength (broke the cybex machine house record at the combine). This guy is going to be something else...I realize it is just one game, but what a player he is going to be.

I don't understand why this was moved from the VIP section I was under the impression we had a little more lattitude with talking about stuff like this.

I think hes a guy Saban would have loved to have if we had a lower pick, around 8 or 10. He might prove to be a guy worthy of a top pick but there seemed to be some questions about him before the draft. Well the Rams certainly need someone to save Bulger on the right side while Martz calls long routes and his Qb gets craphammered.

Alex Barron is the man despite piss poor coaching from FSU former OL coach.

He is a natural LT, I'll guess will O. Pace contract become trade friendly, he goes and Big Smooth shifts to his natural position.

Not hateing Pace, it's just a business.

Back
Top Bottom