Alex Mack has Great Pro Day | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Alex Mack has Great Pro Day

FinAtic8480

Active Roster
Reaction score
Cal C Alex Mack benched 225 40 times at the Bears' Pro Day Wednesday.
He also ran a solid 5.17 forty and measured in with a 33 1/3-inch reach, which is better than heralded OT Eben Britton's. Mack was terrific at the Senior Bowl and seems likely to be the first drafted in a talented center class.

http://www.rotoworld.com/Default.aspx?rwr=1

Mack had a tremendous Pro day and Senior Bowl, I know alot of us were on the bandwagon early on, but after the signing of Grove it is pretty clear Mack will be going to another team. Im on the Clay Matthews bandwagon now.

I still have reservations about grove with best crop of centers in years

guess the Tuna doesn't like rookie centers

Grove can also play guard, so it's not totally out of the question, but i agree that it does look slim with all of the other needs on the team.

I think we will pick up another center in the draft
Groves has had injury issues in the past & I wouldn't surprised to see a backup center enter the mix with the potential to compete for the position
the Triecta is big on the trenches

I think we will pick up another center in the draft
Groves has had injury issues in the past & I wouldn't surprised to see a backup center enter the mix with the potential to compete for the position
the Triecta is big on the trenches

I hope you're right

sounds like there are at least 4 guys who could anchor your line for 10+ years

id still take him if its best available

Grove can also play guard, so it's not totally out of the question, but i agree that it does look slim with all of the other needs on the team.

Mack can also play guard. Our RG spot is unsettled. I don't expect he will last to pick 25 though.

03/18/09 - California Pro day: Thirty teams had a total of 50 representatives at California’s pro day and there were six offensive line coaches on hand. Those assistants showed up to watch center Alex Mack (6-foot-4 1/4, 307 pounds). He had a sensational workout in the position drills and ran a 5.17 and 5.23 in the 40, posted a 28 1/2-inch vertical jump, an 8-foot, 10-inch broad jump, a 4.75 short shuttle, a 7.31 three-cone drill and did 20 bench press reps. – Gil Brandt, NFL.com

Gil says 20 reps not 40.

Guys we just threw a boat load of money to Grove, I dont see how we would bring in another C to compete. We might draft one very late to groom or sign an UDFA, hell we might even keep Satele, but no way no how this organization drafts a C early.

Back
Top Bottom