Alex: Randall not coming | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Alex: Randall not coming

dolphan39

Maria & LauRen Aha!
Reaction score
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/football/pro/dolphins/finsinsider/
Marvez Q&A
Q: Anything new with offensive lineman Greg Randall?

A: My impression is the Dolphins won't be signing Randall as they weren't willing to offer anything more than a minimum-salary contract after a disappointing free-agent meeting. I expect Randall to sign with either Dallas or San Francisco, which is interested in playing him at guard. His agent, Jeff Nalley, said he expects Randall to make a decision soon.

Son of a...

How can we offer st. clair more than this guy? He deserves a little more than the minimum. I'm not saying we should break the bank for him, but if we give St. Clair the min, he should get more. I want this guy, great potential, will open up options come draft day.

look we really dont have that much room left for o linemen. we will probably draft one and resign perry or ruddy. we have smith, james, mckinney, jerman, yates, whitley, mcintosh, st clair. if we added one through the draft and resigned on of the vets, we would have 10 oline men.

Originally posted by FireinCairo
look we really dont have that much room left for o linemen. we will probably draft one and resign perry or ruddy.

:cry: <--Ricky Williams after he finds out we're forced to resign and start Todd Perry.

Originally posted by Graythreat
Son of a...

How can we offer st. clair more than this guy? He deserves a little more than the minimum. I'm not saying we should break the bank for him, but if we give St. Clair the min, he should get more. I want this guy, great potential, will open up options come draft day.

Well, from reading the clip, it seems that St Clair didn't have a disappointing FA meeting where as Randall obviously did. That would be the reason we would only offer the minimum.

Somehow the FO saw something in this FA meeting that they did not like...

So far we have given our FO some qudos on their FA signings. Maybe we should ask BIGO or any other Finz source, as to what the FO saw, or did not see, on Randall?

A previous reports say his agent is Van McElroy (used to be a Bronco DB??). Is this a tag team agency or an inaccurate report?

Technically we have Jerman, McKinney, St. Clair, Smith, McIntosh, Whitley, James, Eric Wilson G, Dan Goodspeed T, Brad Bedell G, Shawn Lynch C, Nate Bolling G all signed as of right now. If we cut Bedell we could save 150,000 on this years cap and add that money to Randalls salary. To lose Bedell and gain Randall is a no brainer IMO.

I trust Rick in what he's doing. Maybe Rick will take Andrews and feels that Yates or Whitley can start at guard so he's not too worry about geting Randall.

Ozzy rules!!

Son of a...

Don't know if it is just me, but this guy Randall... he is being replaced by Todd Wade! Which according to Texas officials is a big "upgrade". Yes St. Clair was replaced in St. Louis, but by Kyle Turley. Not much shame in being replaced by Turley he is one of the best T's in the league! I really do not think Randall is that good. Yes, I want the hole filled on the line, but I give credit to the FO for not rushing and throwing just anyone in there.

St Clair is like the James McKnight of offensive tackles. Fans hate him because his screwups are high profile, but he's probably better than they give him credit for.

Nonetheless, so far the way things stand our offensive line has not been upgraded from what it was in 2003.

Andrews would change that.

Our Fo is trigger happy... he sees something and wants it right away instead of seeing wut else we could get... feeley...

Read the article in today's Herald about the draft. RS talks about St. Clair in a way that makes it sound like he feels he has discovered an uncut gem. If RS indeed does feel that way and Randall had a "disappointing" meeting, we could have our answer.

btw, what makes a free agent meeting "disappointing"?

Back
Top Bottom