Alex: Randall not coming | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Alex: Randall not coming

Originally posted by Oboy

Don't know if it is just me, but this guy Randall... he is being replaced by Todd Wade! Which according to Texas officials is a big "upgrade". Yes St. Clair was replaced in St. Louis, but by Kyle Turley. Not much shame in being replaced by Turley he is one of the best T's in the league! I really do not think Randall is that good. Yes, I want the hole filled on the line, but I give credit to the FO for not rushing and throwing just anyone in there.

I'm not against St. Clair at all, here's how i see it...

1. Randall is a solid starting OT. He's not hte est in the league, but he started all his games in houston, is young, has super bowl experience, and has a great upside. He has underachieved, but not flopped, he oculd have big years ahead of him. Next, he didn't want to sign a long term deal with the Texans, that's why they jumped onWade. Had Randall been willing to go long term, I'm pretty sure you'd see Randall there, they weren't going to dump him, but they werent' going to sign him to a 1 or two year deal either. Can't blame the guy for wanting to get off an expansion team.

Next, Randall would give us depth. He'd be cheap, and would give us a lot of options.

As is, I don't want St. Clair at Tackle. I think he could be a great linemen..inside. I want us to sign Randall, have him and smith start, then have them compete for the starting job when Mcintosh gets back. We don't know for sure how long McIntosh will be out for at this point as is. I'm a huge Mac fan myself btw, but his injury keeps me wary.

Then, I'd move St. Clair inside. I'm sure he'd make a fine tackle, and could be an awesome center. He was an all pro center in college until he was drafted and moved to tackle, he flopped there, but he should be great as an interior linemen. However, It's a huge gamble having him at the tackle spot.

SMith, Jeno, Mckinney/St. Clair, Mckinney/St. Clair, Randall until Mcintosh gets better looks like a GREAT line to me. Get St. Clair back ot where he belongs, snag a solid OL in Randall that's young and has alot of potential, and use the first round pick on BPA.

I e-mailed Jim "Mad Dog" Mandich, and asked him if he knew anything on the Randall situation. He e-mailed me back and said that the Dolphins are still working to sign him. All is not lost yet. Though I am starting to doubt we sign him.

I like signing randal and playing him at gaurd. that way we can sign andrews to start at rt when we draft him. that fixes up all the holes we needed to fix. then when mcntosh gets healthy if he is better then andrews at rt we plug him in there, plug andrew in at rg and make randal a backup. that sounds good and better then keeping guys like whitley and jerman and all these other no name, no game experience players. Cut em to free up some more cap space and sign randal if anything to be a backup.

Originally posted by DolFinatic718
I like signing randal and playing him at gaurd. that way we can sign andrews to start at rt when we draft him. that fixes up all the holes we needed to fix. then when mcntosh gets healthy if he is better then andrews at rt we plug him in there, plug andrew in at rg and make randal a backup. that sounds good and better then keeping guys like whitley and jerman and all these other no name, no game experience players. Cut em to free up some more cap space and sign randal if anything to be a backup.

Or even better lets say we cant even sign Andrews, we sign randal and we get a sure shot rg out of the draft like Smiley or Carey (I hear his name alot on this board).

Then the possibilities and depth is endless

We could start randal at RT, Smiley/Carey at RG and st. clair can either compete or start at Center (especialy since ruddy is not there)

This sounds alot better then resigning guys who couldn't get the job done and keeping guys who haven't even started in this league.

So my two starting O lines look like this:
With selecting Andrews and signing Randal

smith/James/Mcinney or st.clair/Randal/Andrews
Then when mcntosh gets better moving Andrews inside and randal providing depth.

Or with drafting Smiley or Carey and signing Randal:

Smith/James/Mcinney or St. clair/Smiley/Randal
And when mcntosh gets better plugging him in at RT and randal providing depth at both RG and RT.

sounds good 2 me.:)

You might check the other thread on this board regarding a visit by OT/OG Solomon Page. It looks like the FO has moved on.

either way just replace randal with solomon and the philosophy is the same

Page is a better fit for his versatility & us not knowing what we'll draft. It'll also give us flexibility to move down.

Randall must have really screwed up, been rude, or asked for too much $.

Back
Top Bottom