Alex Smith (#1 overall in 2005?) 49ers. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Alex Smith (#1 overall in 2005?) 49ers.

MustangFinFan

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
What happened to this guy? We drafted Ronnie at #2, and this guy was 1st pick for the 49ers. But now I see JT O'Sullivan playing and other guys, but not Smith.

Is this guy a huge bust or something? Thank god we didnt take him, cuz I know many of us wanted to.

Has struggled so much with injuries. O' Sullivan was picked to start the season ahead of him but during TC he got injured again and was ruled out for the season, which is why Hill is now the starter.

I think its un-fair to call a player a bust when they have missed most of their games through injury. Although he never performed amazingly when he did play, he did show some flashes of promise.

Will most likely get cut in the offseason and get picked up on the cheap as a backup

he's had a different OC every year he's been in the NFL

Last year he broke his collar bone. This year they wanted O'Sullivan to mentor him and then have Smith start by midseason, but he still had a crack in his collar bone that needs to be fixed.

think of it this way, had Aaron Rodgers gone first overall, we would've taken Smith because Saban and Linehan were in love with the guy.

Last year he broke his collar bone. This year they wanted O'Sullivan to mentor him and then have Smith start by midseason, but he still had a crack in his collar bone that needs to be fixed.

think of it this way, had Aaron Rodgers gone first overall, we would've taken Smith because Saban and Linehan were in love with the guy.

Yeah, I remember that. Nick absolutely loved Alex Smith.

Alot of success has to do with circumstances and luck. Things might have been differant if he came here. He really missed Turner as the OC

biggest bust all time. Bigger then ryan leaf.

No way he's a bigger bust that Ryan Leaf or Tony Mandarich

Alex Smith has had a lot of injury problems but he showed some flashes of being a good QB when Norv was his OC. I think he's a guy that will probably catch on with another team and if he can stay healthy, can produce in the right system.

Ryan Leaf had some injuries too. He's more recognizable because he was immature. Smith can't stay healthy. I doubt he's back in SF next year. He's still gotta be really young. I remember him being one of the youngest guys to be drafted. Okoye then was younger.

I think he should try to catch on with a team with a strong veteran starting Qb and stability.

I didn't think he'd be bad the first few years he was in the league.

His head's not in the game. He's intelligent, but just doesn't make the most of it.

He's in a bad situation over there anyway.

Back
Top Bottom