Alex Smith or Aaron Rodgers would put us in tremendous cap trouble and set | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Alex Smith or Aaron Rodgers would put us in tremendous cap trouble and set

Keep in mind Smith is 20 years old. Alot to learn yes, but talented. If he has the ability to be coached he will be great. IMO Don't think that we are going to get a chance at him because of the niners

death7star said:
smith is overhyped and rodgers is a tedford qb.

qb is too weak in this draft.

Unsubstantiated opinion. You will not know if either QB is overrated until they get playing time in the NFL. I would suspect that you want Edwards, Brown, or Caddy, and therefore consider the QB's overrated because they conflict with what YOU want. How about we let an educated evaluator (Saban) who knows all about the system he will be implementing make that call :rolleyes:

death7star said:
WAIT FOR FRANCHISE QB NEXT YEAR.

So, do you think we will be in the bottom 3 of the NFL again this year, or do you want us to trade away all our picks to move up to Lienart next year? News flash: Lienart will go top 3 next year, and he has as many questions about him as Smith and Rodgers do, and will require still another year to develop, puting us a full 3 seasons out from even starting him, and likely another year before he really performs well.

We have the pick now without having to do any trading to get possibly the smartest QB coming out of the draft in quite some time, and the bust factor isn't any higher for him than anybody coming out next year. What makes you so positive that next year's class will be so much better than this year's anyway? What happens to your plan if Lienart gets injured? I am not saying Smith is perfect or necessarily the BPA, but the pick would at least make sense. Miami fans will not accept 3 or 4 losing seasons in a row while Saban looks for a franchise QB...Saban will be run out of town.

death7star said:
we are in a rebuilding mode. get somes parts this year (WR and RB)
and get the QB next year if we need one (IE feeley isn't good this year)

Again, there is no guarantee that next year's QB class will be any better than this year's. Most people saying this are saying it only because they hope Lienart will end up here next year. That won't happen. We won't have the pick, and Saban will not throw away a draft on a guy with the biggest bust potential since Ryan Leaf. This guy stayed in college because he likes the party lifestyle and free sex he is getting...listening to his interviews, it is pretty obvious to me that the kid's heart just isn't in the game enough for him to make it at the pro level. Everyone is so enamoured with him, but look at the team he had around him...Ray Lucas could have been a stud on that team. I'm sorry, but anyone hoping for Lienart is just setting themselves up for major dissappointment.

I wouldn't mind Smith because of age and sheer potential.

If he plays as long as Dan, we'll have our QB situation locked up untill 2022! Talk about stability!

Bluefin...

BlueFin said:
Number one, any top pick will require a big contract.

Number two, your bottomline is your opinion, I don't agree with you, a lot of other people don't agree with you, and just possibly Nick Saban doesn't agree with you. Do you think you know better than Nick Saban? Have you evaluated these quarterbacks up close like Nick Saban has in person?

Number three, yes its high time this franchise invested in another top quarterback prospect and stopped messing around with other teams castoffs.

I don't always agree with you, but this time I think you are absolutely right on target! For me, getting a QB and letting him grow into the position for this team is far more important than trying to adopt a "rebound this year" attitude. It is not unusual for a QB to take a couple of years to develop. The reason Dan was such a phenomenon was because he did NOT require that time. Vitually no other QB has done that. If we get either of these QBs and give them time, we are far better off in two years than we are now - and quite possibly for a very long time - given the caveat of injuries. And it also the ever present danger of injury that seems to me to mitigate against using a #2 in the draft for a RB.

hweitz14 said:
you guys are clueless.

Listen to Kiper.

Ryan Leaf will be a better player than Peyton Manning.

Dude, you bury yourself further with every post you make, now get off mommys computer and do your homework.

hweitz14 said:
the franchise back years.

The bottom line is that these guys are just not that good. They are Joey Harrington at best.

Is that worth investing the future of the franchise?

Well let's hope that Saban keeps that in the back of his mind while he's holding out for more draft picks.

If we draft a RB at the #2, We are KEEPING HIM! Anyone else will be much much better trade bait.

Dono

Back
Top Bottom