Alex Smith slight diss on SF. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Alex Smith slight diss on SF.

Cheapshotz

Practice Squad
Reaction score
On ESPN radio he had this to say about SF.

"It kind of looks like money is an issue to them right now and that is a scary thought."

- -- Utah QB Alex Smith, telling Dan Patrick about SF's choice

Nothing big really. It just seems he and his agent don't really want to go to San Fran. IMO he's not being more outspoken about it because he saw the media backlash on Eli not wanting to go to the Chargers.

Cheapshotz said:
On ESPN radio he had this to say about SF.

"It kind of looks like money is an issue to them right now and that is a scary thought."

- -- Utah QB Alex Smith, telling Dan Patrick about SF's choice

Nothing big really. It just seems he and his agent don't really want to go to San Fran. IMO he's not being more outspoken about it because he saw the media backlash on Eli not wanting to go to the Chargers.

He hasn't wanted to go to S.F. it seems for a while now. I'm going to guess Rodgers was their choice all along. I hope T.B. still is up for a trade.

Jaj said:
He hasn't wanted to go to S.F. it seems for a while now. I'm going to guess Rodgers was their choice all along. I hope T.B. still is up for a trade.

Rodgers is the choice. Out of no where Nolan started bringing up Smith. He wanted the attention Miami was getting from there pick. It's as easy that, and I would bet Smith is not taken by SF.

Hostile7 said:
Rodgers is the choice. Out of no where Nolan started bringing up Smith. He wanted the attention Miami was getting from there pick. It's as easy that, and I would bet Smith is not taken by SF.
I'm putting that in a pipe to smoke.... :bong:

Yeah, i've thought the same thing the whole week. Rodgers is there choice.

No offense, but I think that's wishful thinking, but at least it's positive...

Wishful thinking? I don't want either QB, but i do believe that Rodgers is SF choice. I also believe that Tom Condon and Smith are quietly jacking the price up on SF so they don't pick him.

The only reason they aren't saying it loud and clear is that they saw the media backlash on the Manning's last year.

If Smith is there, we have to take him. I don't really feel comfortable with giving the season to Feeley or, worse, Frerotte. Even if Frerotte gets the start, he's not going to be our longterm answer. And I think Feeley showed just about as much potential as he will ever get. If Smith is available at #2, we should take him and groom him as our franchise quaterback.

The 49ers owner is a cheapskate. Wayne Huizenga spares no expense.

Ownership in Miami is much stronger. The committment to winning is much more visible here.

niners have always been cheap...my man Ken Dorsey is on that team tho...i think he can be a great QB but he is stuck :(

I think with the niners war room being new to the whole deal, they are terrified at making a pick that will come back and bite them. Right now they figure Alex is the safe bet. Some mock drafts have Rodgers falling out of the top 20 if SF doesn't pick him. With QBs being such a gamble in the first place, they would be openly critized for taking him if it doesn't work out. As much as I hate to say it, I think we are stuck with the 2nd pick and Alex will be gone.

Back
Top Bottom