Alex Smith | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Alex Smith

...is the Niners starting QB again.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4596926

I never saw the infatuation they had with Shaun Hill...dude was just a bad version of Damon Huard.

You and me both. Shaun Hill was a decent backup who could win you some games as a short term starter, but definately not the long term answer. To take a quote from Lee Corso from last weekend's edition of College Gameday, Shaun Hill pretty much "shot his wad" last season and is now back down to earth. Alex Smith should have been the starter from the get go. For some strange reason, I really like Alex Smith and I want too see him succeed in SF. In all likelihood, Smith isn't the answer and the Niners will probably have to draft one of the QB's coming out in next year's draft.

If you want to know what the infatuation with Shaun Hill was, maybe it had something to with the fact that he was the only Niner's QB since Jeff Garcia to have a winning record as a starter. And this was before this year, where they had a very nice start to the season. What's funny is that everyone forgets that, until proven otherwise, the Niners have been an epicly bad team over the last half decade and are really still a bad team until they can put together an winning season. Hill lead them to a hot start which everyone said was in spite of him. Does that mean that Alex Smith is going to come in and lead them to wins? We will see, but just because Smith throws a prettier pass at times doesn't mean that he is actually going to do the things needed to win games. As far as I can remember, I don't even know if he's even won a game in his career.

Well, just wanted to open this one back up after Alex Smith threw 3 picks en route to a loss against the formidable Tennessee Titans, who get a gold star for their second victory of the season. Big anti-props to Mike Singletary for bowing to pressure and putting in the guy that the media wanted, instead of sticking with the guy who was actually leading the team to some wins. Maybe now, with the 49ers showing their true colors, people won't just be saying that they won in spite of Shaun Hill.

Let me know when any other QB takes that joke of an organization on a winning streak.

Shaun Hill couldn't move the ball. Smith, while making mistakes here and there, opens up the playbook with his arm. Crabtree makes alot of difference too, but he wasn't clicking well with Hill that first game.

Hill actually was hurt in the 9ers/Texans game, or benched, after they'd been down in a 24-0 hole. Smith led them to 3 TDs in the 2nd half...they looked like a completely revitalized team.

With Hill, if they got down, they were screwed...whereas they at least have a chance with Smith. It's not like they've been exactly blown out their last 3 losses either.

That last Pick 6 by Smith was a lucky bounce today too.

Of course, I really don't care about the 9ers either...so what they do...I don't really care. I care about the Fins, and that's it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom