Alijah Vera-Tucker at 18! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Alijah Vera-Tucker at 18!

Swollcolb

Active Roster
Reaction score
A lot of people are fixated on the Sewell/Smith/Chase debate. But we’re in a unique spot where whatever direction we go at 3 there is options at 18. Vera-Tucker is a guy I want to highlight should we go WR early. He’s 6’4” 315 pounds and very athletic, he started at LG next to Austin Jackson 2 seasons ago before transitioning to LT last year. He has inside outside versatility but projects primarily as a Guard, but could kick out and replace Jackson at Lt if need be. It’s also a unique opportunity to be able to draft a young guy but have some continuity on the offensive live since he will know a lot of Jackson’s tendencies, strengths/weaknesses and vice versa. He also would give us something we don’t have on the OL an athletic guard who can pull and reach the second level to get those key blocks in the run game. We have some of the big maulers but having a nimble more athletic guy could be beneficial and be the missing piece to help the young OL take the next step.

A lot of people are fixated on the Sewell/Smith/Chase debate. But we’re in a unique spot where whatever direction we go at 3 there is options at 18. Vera-Tucker is a guy I want to highlight should we go WR early. He’s 6’4” 315 pounds and very athletic, he started at LG next to Austin Jackson 2 seasons ago before transitioning to LT last year. He has inside outside versatility but projects primarily as a Guard, but could kick out and replace Jackson at Lt if need be. It’s also a unique opportunity to be able to draft a young guy but have some continuity on the offensive live since he will know a lot of Jackson’s tendencies, strengths/weaknesses and vice versa. He also would give us something we don’t have on the OL an athletic guard who can pull and reach the second level to get those key blocks in the run game. We have some of the big maulers but having a nimble more athletic guy could be beneficial and be the missing piece to help the young OL take the next step.
I like A V-T a lot for the very reason you mention - Positional Versatility. I know it's not realistic, but I have a scenario in my head where they draft Sewell at 3 and A V-T at 18 and the line is never mentioned as a concern again until somewhere around 2030 unless Centre becomes an issue.

I have been taking this guy or Darrisaw at #18 in a lot of the simulations.

Sometimes Slater slips to 318 but that won't happen in the actual Draft.

I have no problem adding an OL at that spot.

Tucker brings position flexibility and has a USC buddy on the OL here with Jackson, which is nice. ;)

Seen a few mocks w/ AVT going to the Chargers at 13.

I'd prefer Darrisaw at 18 & Humphrey (ideally) at 50.

p.s. Just a thought as I type... could Davenport be trained to be the swing Tackle?

Taking Sewell @3....sorry.

Plenty options at 18 or even a bit lower if we trade down from that spot. I'm ok going O-line there but there are also going to be some good guards/centers in the 2nd round so we have options. It's going to come down to fit and also what we do in free agency.

Back
Top Bottom