All AFC East team | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

All AFC East team

Jetsfan0099

Scout Team
Reaction score
Since its the end of the season it would be interesting to see what everyone would have as their team basing it off of this year.

QB-Chad Pennington(Rather have other starters but he has the highest rating)(MIA)
RB-Thomas Jones(NYJ)
FB-Tony Richardson(NYJ)
WR-Randy Moss(NE)
WR-Lee Evans(BUF)
TE-Anthony Fasano(MIA)
TE-Dustin Keller(NYJ)
LT-Jake Long (MIA)
LG-Logan Mankins (NE)
C-Nick Mangold (NYJ)
RG-Brandon Moore (NYJ)
RT-Damien Woody (NYJ)

I'll do a 3-4 since 3 teams were a 3-4.
DE-Richard Seymour (NE)
NT-Kris Jenkins (NYJ)
DE-Shaun Ellis (NYJ)

OLB-Joey Porter (MIA)
ILB-Jerod Mayo (NE)
ILB-Channing Crowder(MIA) *Tie between Barton and Paul with Channing, but I decided to go Crowder. Usually this would be David Harris but he was injured this season and missed time and lacked play because of it.
OLB-Calvin Pace (NYJ)

CB-Darrelle Revis (NYJ)
S-Brandon Merriweather (NE)
S-Kerry Rhodes (NYJ)
CB-Terrence McGee (BUF)

K-Stephen Gostkowski (NE)
P-Brian Moorman (BUF)

Idk something like this, may be off on some. I tried to not be too much of a homer.

Yereimah Bell instead of Merriweather IMHO. And I'll take Smiley over Moore and Crowder is a decent pick.

Great thread but I'm too much of a homer to give a serious post.

QB - Chad Pennington
RB - Thomas Jones
FB - Tony Richardson
WR - Randy Moss
WR - Wes Welker
TE - Anthony Fasano
LT - Jake Long
LG - Justin Smiley
C - Nick Mangold
RG - Brandon Moore
RT - Damien Woody

DE - Richard Seymour
NT - Kris Jenkins
DE - Shaun Ellis
OLB - Joey Porter
ILB - Jerrod Mayo
ILB - Channing Crowder
OLB - Calvin Pace
CB - Darrelle Revis
CB - Andre Goodman
S - Yeremiah Bell
S - Brandon Meriweather

K - Stephen Gostkowski
P - Brian Moorman

Since its the end of the season it would be interesting to see what everyone would have as their team basing it off of this year.

QB-Chad Pennington(Rather have other starters but he has the highest rating)(MIA)
RB-Thomas Jones(NYJ)
FB-Tony Richardson(NYJ)
WR-Randy Moss(NE)
WR-Lee Evans(BUF)
TE-Anthony Fasano(MIA)
TE-Dustin Keller(NYJ)
LT-Jake Long (MIA)
LG-Logan Mankins (NE)
C-Nick Mangold (NYJ)
RG-Brandon Moore (NYJ)
RT-Damien Woody (NYJ)

DE-Richard Seymour (NE)
NT-Kris Jenkins (NYJ)
DE-Shaun Ellis (NYJ)

OLB-Joey Porter (MIA)
ILB-Jerod Mayo (NE)
ILB-Channing Crowder(MIA) *Tie between Barton and Paul with Channing, but I decided to go Crowder. Usually this would be David Harris but he was injured this season and missed time and lacked play because of it.
OLB-Calvin Pace (NYJ)

CB-Darrelle Revis (NYJ)
S-Kerry Rhodes (NYJ)
CB-Terrence McGee (BUF)

P-Brian Moorman (BUF)

Idk something like this, may be off on some. I tried to not be too much of a homer.

you might have to try a little harder, half the team is Jets! :lol:

Some players that deserve consideration:

WR Wes Welker - led the division in receptions....BY 40!! Hard to keep him off the list

FB Lousaka Polite - instrumental pickup for Phins. money on short yardage, I don't think another FB in the division was asked to be the short yardage weapon the way LP was...for what it's worth, he led all FB's in the division in yards from scrimmage

NT Vince Wilfork - 66 tackles for a NT? That's really good. Jenkins was really good early on but faded down the stretch. Ferguson was good for the Miami, but not good enough to get the nod over the other 2.

MLB Paul Posluszny - PP, Crowder and Barton were all within 7 solo tackles of each other.....but Poz had a pick which I'll take over Barton's 1.5 sacks or Crowder's 0 sacks/ints

CB Andre' Goodman - There are a lot bigger Goodman fans around here than me...but he led the division in INT's (tied Revis with 5) and pass breakups (19), so he makes my list.

S Yeremiah Bell - Had 37 more solo tackles (100) than the next S in the division (Renaldo Hill) and led all safties in pass breakups (10) and Forced Fumbles (3, tied with A.Elam).

KR Ellis Hobbs - I was sure that L.Washington would be the guy here, and then I was impressed by L.McKelvin's numbers...but Hobbs has a 90+ TD return like them, and a better average. Advantage Hobbs.

PR Roscoe Parrish - easy pick. 15.3 avg is more than 4 yds better than the next best (Bess - 11.0) and he's the only one in the division to return a punt for a TD this year.

you might have to try a little harder, half the team is Jets! :lol:

Some players that deserve consideration:

WR Wes Welker - led the division in receptions....BY 40!! Hard to keep him off the list

FB Lousaka Polite - instrumental pickup for Phins. money on short yardage, I don't think another FB in the division was asked to be the short yardage weapon the way LP was...for what it's worth, he led all FB's in the division in yards from scrimmage

NT Vince Wilfork - 66 tackles for a NT? That's really good. Jenkins was really good early on but faded down the stretch. Ferguson was good for the Miami, but not good enough to get the nod over the other 2.

MLB Paul Posluszny - PP, Crowder and Barton were all within 7 solo tackles of each other.....but Poz had a pick which I'll take over Barton's 1.5 sacks or Crowder's 0 sacks/ints

CB Andre' Goodman - There are a lot bigger Goodman fans around here than me...but he led the division in INT's (tied Revis with 5) and pass breakups (19), so he makes my list.

S Yeremiah Bell - Had 37 more solo tackles (100) than the next S in the division (Renaldo Hill) and led all safties in pass breakups (10) and Forced Fumbles (3, tied with A.Elam).

KR Ellis Hobbs - I was sure that L.Washington would be the guy here, and then I was impressed by L.McKelvin's numbers...but Hobbs has a 90+ TD return like them, and a better average. Advantage Hobbs.

PR Roscoe Parrish - easy pick. 15.3 avg is more than 4 yds better than the next best (Bess - 11.0) and he's the only one in the division to return a punt for a TD this year.
I tried, but it was hard. The Jets had a talented roster this year, coaching and other stuff is why we fell apart. At our high we could match with any team in the league. But we couldn't stay at our high for too long. Hence why Mangini was fired.

Anyways I would take Tony Richardson over that FB for the fact hes a great blocker Richardson. Idk how many times he through a great block to free a RB. 36 years old but still one of the best FB in the game at what he does.

With Wilfork I really used the games what I have seen. And when the Jets played the Patriots Wilfork really did little. Mainly because Nick Mangold man handled him those games. While Kris Jenkins was in total control over the games.

Yeremiah Bell is overlooked and Will Allen is in the mix

My changes are in bold:

RB-Thomas Jones(NYJ)
FB-Tony Richardson(NYJ)
WR-Randy Moss(NE)
WR-Lee Evans(BUF)
TE-Anthony Fasano(MIA)
TE-Dustin Keller(NYJ)
LT-Jake Long (MIA)
LG-Logan Mankins (NE)
C-Nick Mangold (NYJ)
RG-Brandon Moore (NYJ)
RT-Damien Woody (NYJ)

DE-Richard Seymour (NE)
NT-Vince Wolfork (over Kris Jenkins (NYJ))
DE-Shaun Ellis (NYJ)

OLB-Joey Porter (MIA)
ILB-Jerod Mayo (NE)
ILB- Paul Puzlusny - (over Channing Crowder(MIA))
OLB-Calvin Pace (NYJ)

CB-Darrelle Revis (NYJ)
S- Yeremiah Bell - (over Brandon Merriweather (NE))
S-Kerry Rhodes (NYJ)
CB- Will Allen (over Terrence McGee (BUF))

P-Brian Moorman (BUF)

I'm shocking myself by putting 2 Dolphins in the all-division secondary, but Bell definitely deserves it, and while I'm not the biggest Will Allen fan on these boards, I'm shocked nobody else has suggested him yet, so call me a homer, but I'm sticking him in there. I noticed you listed 2 TE's on offense but no nickel back on defense, so I'll humbly submit that there should be 1 more DB to consider since most teams use the nickel package around half the time these days.

jason peters was garbage this year

He was. It just shows how big the BS that the all-pro system is. I think certain positions can miss training camp and be effective. Just not offensive lineman or Qb's.

He was. It just shows how big the BS that the all-pro system is. I think certain positions can miss training camp and be effective. Just not offensive lineman or Qb's.

well to be fair its hard to judge some positions. Favre and Brown definately did not belong but Zach got screwed many a year.

RB-Thomas Jones(NYJ)
FB-Tony Richardson(NYJ)
WR-Randy Moss(NE)
WR-Lee Evans(BUF)
TE-Anthony Fasano(MIA)
TE-Dustin Keller(NYJ)
LT-Jake Long (MIA)
LG-Logan Mankins (NE)
C-Nick Mangold (NYJ)
RG-Brandon Moore (NYJ)
RT-Damien Woody (NYJ)

DE-Richard Seymour (NE)
NT-Kris Jenkins (NYJ)
DE-Shaun Ellis (NYJ)

OLB-Joey Porter (MIA)
ILB-Jerod Mayo (NE)
OLB-Calvin Pace (NYJ)

CB-Darrelle Revis (NYJ)
S-Kerry Rhodes (NYJ)
CB-Terrence McGee (BUF)

P-Brian Moorman (BUF)

It's not the worst lineup you could have come up with. I think at this point it's just a matter of individual opinion on few spots. Example: I wouldn't use Channing Crowder as my ILB and If he's the best their is in the division that's pretty sad. Channing just isn't a play maker, he's steady, but thats about it.

My changes are in bold:

RB-Thomas Jones(NYJ)
FB-Tony Richardson(NYJ)
WR-Randy Moss(NE)
WR-Lee Evans(BUF)
TE-Anthony Fasano(MIA)
TE-Dustin Keller(NYJ)
LT-Jake Long (MIA)
LG-Logan Mankins (NE)
C-Nick Mangold (NYJ)
RG-Brandon Moore (NYJ)
RT-Damien Woody (NYJ)

DE-Richard Seymour (NE)
NT-Vince Wolfork (over Kris Jenkins (NYJ))
DE-Shaun Ellis (NYJ)

OLB-Joey Porter (MIA)
ILB-Jerod Mayo (NE)
ILB- Paul Puzlusny - (over Channing Crowder(MIA))
OLB-Calvin Pace (NYJ)

CB-Darrelle Revis (NYJ)
S- Yeremiah Bell - (over Brandon Merriweather (NE))
S-Kerry Rhodes (NYJ)
CB- Will Allen (over Terrence McGee (BUF))

P-Brian Moorman (BUF)

I'm shocking myself by putting 2 Dolphins in the all-division secondary, but Bell definitely deserves it, and while I'm not the biggest Will Allen fan on these boards, I'm shocked nobody else has suggested him yet, so call me a homer, but I'm sticking him in there. I noticed you listed 2 TE's on offense but no nickel back on defense, so I'll humbly submit that there should be 1 more DB to consider since most teams use the nickel package around half the time these days.

S- Yeremiah Bell - (over Brandon Merriweather (NE)) could you explain this

Bell - 120 tackles , 3 FF ,0 INT , 1 Sack
Merriweather - 83 tackles ,2 FF , 4 INT ,2 Sack

Back
Top Bottom