ALL DAY LONG | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ALL DAY LONG

Surrat would be a horrible reach at #36. Plain horrible. Doesn't even play the game we need. We need a thumper to Baker's speed not a guy w even worse POA and almost zero tackling.

I wouldn't hate him later as a back up but not at #36 and projected to start next to Baker.

That would be amazing if Waddle dropped, I still would rather have Pitts and a WR but I'm not complaining.

Yeah I'm with you there, liked a lot about this draft though. Still think the #1 thing we need to do is trade down though from 3.

I like Chaz Surrat, but not for Miami. He is a poor fit. I keep seeing fans pine for these small fast LBs to improve our pass rush, but that's not what this defense does. I also don't see Chase as the best fit. We need guys who separate quickly and that is literally the weakest part of his game. Though it would be great if Waddle dropped and I'm a big Williams fan.

Surrat would be a horrible reach at #36. Plain horrible. Doesn't even play the game we need. We need a thumper to Baker's speed not a guy w even worse POA and almost zero tackling.

I wouldn't hate him later as a back up but not at #36 and projected to start next to Baker.
Such an ignorant comment. You obviously haven’t seen him play much. 6-2, 225, played inside the last two years and has elite speed.

Appeared in all 13 games, starting 11, at linebacker • First team All-ACC selection • Runner-up for ACC Defensive Player of the Year • His 31 total pressures ranked seventh among Power 5 linebackers according to Pro Football Focus • Led Carolina and ranked second in the ACC with 115 tackles and fourth with 8.8 tackles per game • Led the team with 15.0 TFL (5th ACC), 6.5 sacks and 10 QB hurries • Made the switch to linebacker from quarterback in the spring • Started at linebacker for the first time against South Carolina and came up with a team-high 12 tackles, a sack, a PBU and a pressure • Had five tackles versus Miami • Had eight tackles and a TFL at Wake Forest • Posted seven tackles, three QBH, two PBU, two TFL and one sack against Clemson • Registered 12 tackles for the second time at Georgia Tech • Had 17 tackles, two TFL and a sack at Virginia Tech • Had 12 tackles, a sack and a game-saving INT at the goal line against Duke • His 84.7 overall grade against Duke was tops on the team according to Pro Football Focus • Posted a game-high 15 tackles, two TFL and a forced fumble against Virginia • Had a team-high 10 tackles, two TFL and a sack at NC State • Came up with five tackles, two QB hurries, 1.5 TFL and a half sack against Temple in the Military Bowl.

I like Chaz Surrat, but not for Miami. He is a poor fit. I keep seeing fans pine for these small fast LBs to improve our pass rush, but that's not what this defense does. I also don't see Chase as the best fit. We need guys who separate quickly and that is literally the weakest part of his game. Though it would be great if Waddle dropped and I'm a big Williams fan.
6-2, 225 is not small. Where do you guys get this stuff? Trust me I’ve seen him play in person almost every game and he’s a big time playmaker with elite speed. Can play inside or out. Can cover. Can obviously rush the passer. Love that Flo gets to coach him this week. 2nd or 3rd round grade

Such an ignorant comment. You obviously haven’t seen him play much. 6-2, 225, played inside the last two years and has elite speed.

Appeared in all 13 games, starting 11, at linebacker • First team All-ACC selection • Runner-up for ACC Defensive Player of the Year • His 31 total pressures ranked seventh among Power 5 linebackers according to Pro Football Focus • Led Carolina and ranked second in the ACC with 115 tackles and fourth with 8.8 tackles per game • Led the team with 15.0 TFL (5th ACC), 6.5 sacks and 10 QB hurries • Made the switch to linebacker from quarterback in the spring • Started at linebacker for the first time against South Carolina and came up with a team-high 12 tackles, a sack, a PBU and a pressure • Had five tackles versus Miami • Had eight tackles and a TFL at Wake Forest • Posted seven tackles, three QBH, two PBU, two TFL and one sack against Clemson • Registered 12 tackles for the second time at Georgia Tech • Had 17 tackles, two TFL and a sack at Virginia Tech • Had 12 tackles, a sack and a game-saving INT at the goal line against Duke • His 84.7 overall grade against Duke was tops on the team according to Pro Football Focus • Posted a game-high 15 tackles, two TFL and a forced fumble against Virginia • Had a team-high 10 tackles, two TFL and a sack at NC State • Came up with five tackles, two QB hurries, 1.5 TFL and a half sack against Temple in the Military Bowl.

Dude missed over 50% his tackles last year and about 30% this year and has no clue what even stacking and shedding is. He is the same player (just even more raw) as Baker was coming out.

You want TWO sub 230 lb inside backers?

Hell yeah! Why not! LOL!

On the record I do like the kid just not at #36 and he better be projected to back up/take over after Baker next year when he becomes a FA and not to play along side him.

You play Surratt next to Baker and we're back to Kiko/Baker getting rag dolled on every play making tackles 10 yds down field for 32nd run D.

6-2, 225 is not small. Where do you guys get this stuff? Trust me I’ve seen him play in person almost every game and he’s a big time playmaker with elite speed. Can play inside or out. Can cover. Can obviously rush the passer. Love that Flo gets to coach him this week. 2nd or 3rd round grade
225 is tiny as a 3-4 backer, specially playing next another sub 230 lb guy.

I would take him with our #81, sure but we better have a stack and shed guy on roster starting ahead of him or no go.

Yeah I'm with you there, liked a lot about this draft though. Still think the #1 thing we need to do is trade down though from 3.
I get it, I would support a trade down to accumulate more picks, but I think if D.Smith is your guy why give someone else the chance to take him.

It is for a LB in Flo's defense. That was the knock on Baker and the reason most thought he'd be gone. And it is unlikely that Flo would have drafted Baker. Now Baker has excelled, but it is unlikely that Flo is going to want several small LBs. His prototype is 245-250 #. You may not think he's small, but I'm sure Flo does. He would have to fall in love with him so much at the combine that he's willing to overlook the fact that he does not have the size Flo wants for his defense.

Love Chase/Smith, Waddle, and Williams picks. Hate Surratt at 36, borderline 2nd/3rd round talent. I want RB at 36 whether its Williams, Etienne, or Harris, cannot miss on RB this year again. Then give me Humphrey or Meyers at 50

I like Chaz Surrat, but not for Miami. He is a poor fit. I keep seeing fans pine for these small fast LBs to improve our pass rush, but that's not what this defense does.

100%. Chazz probably isn't someone we target. We need a stack LBer like Zaven Collins to replace Elandon Roberts & that's not Chazz. He's too small to play there & he's abysmal against the run. Chazz's best position in our defense would be WILB Jerome Baker role so unless we plan to move on from him after next season Chazz just doesn't make much sense.

Back
Top Bottom