All Fans Read This! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

All Fans Read This!

i stil can't believe i got sucked into that, hell, i've got kids older than those guys, i shoulda known better. any way, i told capt dick, that i enjoyed my childhood so much, i'm living it again!

Originally posted by dolfan87
Sometimes it isn't so much that they are turning tail and leaving, it's that they just don't care to deal with it. I understand some of our fans are very busy, and simply don't care too, or don't have the time too read through a bunch of posts by fans of another team.

They come here for their Miami Dolphin news, and will simply go elsewhere if this site is too cluttered.

There are several fans of other teams who, when added one at a time (Chopps, Slaine, Billsfan ect ect)and bring nothing but the best intentions are a very welcome. The problem becomes when a website such as the BBI, does this in an organized fashion.

They post on their own forums, "hey join me at Fin Heaven, and let's give them some smack" so in they come like a plague of locust.

It's immature, and not something we ask for. We don't head over there in mass and start messing with their boards.

I hope that the people who got tired of the garbage return, and understand that we as adminstrators do what we feel is the best thing at the time. In this case, we should have nipped it in the bud.

Many, many apologies from both A.J. and myself for not taking stronger action sooner. It won't happen again.

I understand completely 87, but even I, as a relative newby to Dolphins' MBs,I also understand that these "invasions" happen a couple of times a year, they last about a week or two, then they get bored/banned and go away.
It's a natural cycle.
Besides, it's not like you are going to find another MB where this doesn't happen so why threaten the people you have come to call your friends, with" I'm abandoning you and your site if YOU can't control this!"

Why not, " Is there some way "I" can get rid of all the crap so that I can get to the good stuff?"
"Why yes there is, when you see some one you don't like, you click on his profile, at the bottom of the profile you'll click "add this person to my ignore list". Done! Problem solved, you will never be subjected to another post by that person again.
Again I understand your position, I just don't like the fact that you were forced into it because some one couldn't ride it out or take care of the problem themselves. I mean,I think it borders on ridiculous that you have to come on here to apologize for handling the situation the way you did.

You have just made me a fan!

Originally posted by dolfan87
Ok Brian, your gone

Outstanding job on the message board. This board is quickly becoming one of if not my favorite board. The Bills guys that constantly complain and rip the board and it's leadership and purpose need to be dumped just like the kitchen trash when it gets stinky. GREAT WORK!

I understand completely 87, but even I, as a relative newby to Dolphins' MBs,I also understand that these "invasions" happen a couple of times a year, they last about a week or two, then they get bored/banned and go away.
It's a natural cycle.
Besides, it's not like you are going to find another MB where this doesn't happen so why threaten the people you have come to call your friends, with" I'm abandoning you and your site if YOU can't control this!"

Why not, " Is there some way "I" can get rid of all the crap so that I can get to the good stuff?"
"Why yes there is, when you see some one you don't like, you click on his profile, at the bottom of the profile you'll click "add this person to my ignore list". Done! Problem solved, you will never be subjected to another post by that person again.
Again I understand your position, I just don't like the fact that you were forced into it because some one couldn't ride it out or take care of the problem themselves. I mean,I think it borders on ridiculous that you have to come on here to apologize for handling the situation the way you did.

Amen InFins...Amen

If somebody is going to abandon this MB for that dumb a reason...then I say so long...goodbye...c ya later...You really can't take what Jet or Bills fan says to heart...because they are afterall...Jets and Bills fans...:goof:

It's tough guys. Being the one who paid for the forums, I guess I am just a little to concerned over the fans perspective. Yes you can just hit the ole ignore button, but a lot of people( even some staff members ) were really pissed, and just wanted the forums back the way they were.

A.J. and I were between a rock and a hard place, and we had to decide who was more important, the Dolphin fans, or the Bills fans.

It wasn't a hard decision, and we took care of it.

It's so cozy in here.

You guys are FAR too sensitive, borderline feminine. The only posts that BBI deletes or moves are ones that are totally OT or insulting toward a member. If someone talks smack there, there are 20 members on top of the jerk.

Billsfanone, I really could care less if you think we are a bunch of girls.

It's like this, if you have a 5 gallon bucket, and you fill it half full of water, and then fill the other half with crap, it makes it real hard to wanna drink out of the bucket. However if you dump the same amount of crap into a lake, no one hardly even notices it.

You guys have about 1500 more members, and that is a credit to Rick and his staff. We are working on it, but as I have said, these forums are not even a year old yet.

Besides, I have to wonder how you guys would feel if a bunch of Jets, or Dolphins, or any other fans just decided to make a mass exodus to your boards, and just post whatever whereever, with no regard to your format.

Actually I think it is very immature to do what your members did. Just because the BBI is three times the size of Fin Heaven doesn't give you guys the right to just barge in uninvited, and do what you please. I liken it to the U.S. just deciding to take over Mexico...simply because we can.

We have the same style of forums as BBI, but we do not share their format, nor do we share their enthusiasm for the Buffalo Bills...get it?

Fine. It's a truce. At least with me. It's the off-season. I'll wait till September to come back and talk real football.

-Peace

oh boy, can't wait for that one!

Originally posted by billsfanone
Fine. It's a truce. At least with me. It's the off-season. I'll wait till September to come back and talk real football.

-Peace
sheesh, file that under never!:rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by billsfanone
It's so cozy in here.

You guys are FAR too sensitive, borderline feminine. The only posts that BBI deletes or moves are ones that are totally OT or insulting toward a member. If someone talks smack there, there are 20 members on top of the jerk.
bull crap, explain to me why i got banned at bbi!:yell:

Back
Top Bottom