All Members, Please Read | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

All Members, Please Read

Cool,

But I want to see the copyright law, because as long as your naming who wrote wrote the article and what paper/source it is from, it legal.

Originally posted by CirclingWagons
:lol: ...hey, it's all in good fun

Glad you have such a great sense of humor...

...Then again... :sosad:

...You are a Jills Fan... :roflmao:

JUST A DARN SECOND THERE YOURE MUCK-INESS

The insane babbling I post on here comes straight from my own mind. It doen't come from anywhere else. No one else would have it.:tongue: :lol: :tongue:

Originally posted by chambers84
Cool,

But I want to see the copyright law, because as long as your naming who wrote wrote the article and what paper/source it is from, it legal.

Mod note:

These are the guidelines for "fair use" taken from the US Copyright web site. (there are no caveats against reprinting these)
http://www.copyright.gov/fls/fl102.html

The distinction between “fair use†and infringement may be unclear and not easily defined. There is no specific number of words, lines, or notes that may safely be taken without permission.

examples of activities that courts have regarded as fair use: “quotation of excerpts in a review or criticism for purposes of illustration or comment; quotation of short passages in a scholarly or technical work, for illustration or clarification of the author’s observations; use in a parody of some of the content of the work parodied; summary of an address or article, with brief quotations, in a news report; reproduction by a library of a portion of a work to replace part of a damaged copy; reproduction by a teacher or student of a small part of a work to illustrate a lesson; reproduction of a work in legislative or judicial proceedings or reports; incidental and fortuitous reproduction, in a newsreel or broadcast, of a work located in the scene of an event being reported

The safest course is always to get permission from the copyright owner before using copyrighted material. The Copyright Office cannot give this permission.

When it is impracticable to obtain permission, use of copyrighted material should be avoided unless the doctrine of “fair use†would clearly apply to the situation. The Copyright Office can neither determine if a certain use may be considered “fair†nor advise on possible copyright violations. If there is any doubt, it is advisable to consult an attorney.

Yeah youse guys!!:moon:
::EDIT:: is this smilie ripping its skin off for the art of mooning?

Back
Top Bottom