All QB Options | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

All QB Options

Fin_72 said:
i know brees is going out but that injury is somthing to worry about because he might have loss arm strength or accuracy

Things look pretty good for Brees right now. This is something we would have to watch very closely. Last night on ESPNews they said his surgery was a success and there was nothing torn inside. Since he is an UFA this offseason, WE MUST GO AFTER HIM because he is the best one out there right now.

It's too early to tell about the draft prospects, but outside of Vince Young and Matt Leinert; all the other prospects have a lot of question marks about them. Since we are picking at #16, I think its a longshot that we will find a QB of the future in the draft this year unless Cutler impresses the NFL over the next few months; then we may have a shot at him.

Right now our best chances of finding a playoff caliber QB is signing Drew Brees, but that can only happen if San Diego doesn't sign him or franchise him before the free agency period begins.

One QB I would take a chance on in the draft with a third round pick would be Brodie Croyle. When the combines and private workouts are done, it's just a hunch; but I think Croyle may end up being a better option than Cutler. We'll see though.

FinaticalOne said:
One QB I would take a chance on in the draft with a third round pick would be Brodie Croyle. When the combines and private workouts are done, it's just a hunch; but I think Croyle may end up being a better option than Cutler. We'll see though.

Boomer likes Croyle. I have not seen him play but once. But...JESUS! have you seen how many times and types of injuries the kid has had since his freshman year? He make McNair look healthy...:sidelol:. I think because of his size (200lbs.) and history of injuries, he will slide down into the 4th round. I know I wouldn't even consider him until then. I really think realistically (barring a trade) our only shot at a decent QB is Cutler. To me only Young, Leinart, and Cutler are future "impact players". The rest...well not a whole lot worth writing home about. After the top 3 QB's (assuming Young declares) the class is weak. So... if Saban doesn't think he can land one of them, I look for a trade of some sort to bring in someone like...say Patrick Ramsey.

Finfanforever said:
Boomer likes Croyle. I have not seen him play but once. But...JESUS! have you seen how many times and types of injuries the kid has had since his freshman year? He make McNair look healthy...:sidelol:. I think because of his size (200lbs.) and history of injuries, he will slide down into the 4th round. I know I wouldn't even consider him until then. I really think realistically (barring a trade) our only shot at a decent QB is Cutler. To me only Young, Leinart, and Cutler are future "impact players". The rest...well not a whole lot worth writing home about. After the top 3 QB's (assuming Young declares) the class is weak. So... if Saban doesn't think he can land one of them, I look for a trade of some sort to bring in someone like...say Patrick Ramsey.

True true.

I just read up on his injuries, he does make McNair sound durable :lol:. His injury concerns will hurt his stock a lot. I believe the only impact QBs are Young and Leinert. I haven't watched Cutler play, so I reserve my judgment until after the Senior Bowl, combine, and private workouts. If Cutler performs well, then our only chance at drafting a franchise QB will be Cutler, and I think we are a long shot at landing him. If Brees isn't re-signed or franchised when free agency comes around, I think we have a better chance at signing him than anything else.

I'm telling you, the more things seem to be falling into place around the league, I believe we are looking at it coming down to three legitimate prospects: David Carr, Billy Volek or Patrick Ramsey.. I think in that order.

It all depends on how the three top draft picks pan out. If Houston changes course and drafts Vince Young, we get Carr. If Tennessee gets their hands on Leinart, we'll get Volek. If all else fails, I believe Patrick Ramsey to be a real sleeper steal.

With Bree's injury, I believe the Drew Brees/Phillip Rivers saga will continue for another year in San Diego. Schottenheimer really screwed the club several different ways by playing Brees in that game. Drew had his trade potential established and more playing time could have enhanced Rivers for a possible trade. Now they are screwed altogether.

I also don't believe the "big name" veterans will play anywhere but their own clubs in 2006. Favre will play in Green Bay or retire. Childress has already committed to Culpepper in Minnesota earlier today and I believe McNair will restructure and play one more year with the Titans.

Miami will not surrender draft picks to move up to take a QB, unless it's a cheap price to jump a couple spots - if Jay Cutler really amazes the staff (not too likely). Otherwise we get a project QB in a later round.

I'm telling you, Frerotte may be back as our #2 next year and a project QB will likely compete with Lemon for the #3, but our starter is almost certainly to be another journeyman QB from another club that's already loaded with good QBs on their roster.

The only difference is that this time I believe the current Dolphin coaching staff will make the right decision and bring in someone who will blossom into an NFL superstar with our system and our weapons.

Hostile 17 said:
I'm telling you, the more things seem to be falling into place around the league, I believe we are looking at it coming down to three legitimate prospects: David Carr, Billy Volek or Patrick Ramsey.. I think in that order.

It all depends on how the three top draft picks pan out. If Houston changes course and drafts Vince Young, we get Carr. If Tennessee gets their hands on Leinart, we'll get Volek. If all else fails, I believe Patrick Ramsey to be a real sleeper steal.

With Bree's injury, I believe the Drew Brees/Phillip Rivers saga will continue for another year in San Diego. Schottenheimer really screwed the club several different ways by playing Brees in that game. Drew had his trade potential established and more playing time could have enhanced Rivers for a possible trade. Now they are screwed altogether.

I also don't believe the "big name" veterans will play anywhere but their own clubs in 2006. Favre will play in Green Bay or retire. Childress has already committed to Culpepper in Minnesota earlier today and I believe McNair will restructure and play one more year with the Titans.

Miami will not surrender draft picks to move up to take a QB, unless it's a cheap price to jump a couple spots - if Jay Cutler really amazes the staff (not too likely). Otherwise we get a project QB in a later round.

I'm telling you, Frerotte may be back as our #2 next year and a project QB will likely compete with Lemon for the #3, but our starter is almost certainly to be another journeyman QB from another club that's already loaded with good QBs on their roster.

The only difference is that this time I believe the current Dolphin coaching staff will make the right decision and bring in someone who will blossom into an NFL superstar with our system and our weapons.

Hostile17

is that picture on your sig Billy Idol after a concert??:D Seriously, I think you may be on to something. I think Saban realizes that with Young and Leinart out of the picture, the Fins only have a realistic shot at Cutler...depending on workouts, Sr. Bowl, combine, etc. If the Cutler thing isn't appealing to Saban I really expect a trade of some sort. I don't want to speculate which one. I do know Saban is all about VALUE. So don't expect any Wanny/Spielman-type deals...THANK GOD!

Back
Top Bottom