All Right....Now What? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

All Right....Now What?

danephin

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I might be able to deal with the idea of not getting a running back (if Travis continues to impress like he has), but there is no freakin' way in the wide world of sports Rick doesn't get another receiver now. If I hear Dave come out and say, "We got a lot of depth at receiver...we're gonna give guys like Tolver, Simmons and Thompson a shot to be the starter," I'm gonna pull out the rest of my hair I already have lost from this hellish off-season. So who's out there? Is Tim Brown really the best available? I say we HAVE to get a guy the caliber of a McCardell. I'm not saying trade away the future, but if we don't make a move for a STARTER...not more depth...I'm gonna freak.

danephin said:
I might be able to deal with the idea of not getting a running back (if Travis continues to impress like he has), but there is no freakin' way in the wide world of sports Rick doesn't get another receiver now. If I hear Dave come out and say, "We got a lot of depth at receiver...we're gonna give guys like Tolver, Simmons and Thompson a shot to be the starter," I'm gonna pull out the rest of my hair I already have lost from this hellish off-season. So who's out there? Is Tim Brown really the best available? I say we HAVE to get a guy the caliber of a McCardell. I'm not saying trade away the future, but if we don't make a move for a STARTER...not more depth...I'm gonna freak.

Start pulling that's exactly what he's gonna say and Rick will say " we are always looking to improve depth at every position. We will continue to monitor everything out there. :shakeno:

Cannonboy said:
Time to start watching the CFL and wait for the 2005 season.
or better yet...why dont we join the CFL. If our O-Line steps it up, i think we can make a serious run for the Gray Cup!

(no1 kill me plz, not bein serious...)

So, you want him to come out and say something like:

'That's it, this season is over unless we can sign a starting WR from another team. I have no confidence in this team any longer and we obviously can't win with the personnel we have now. If there are any teams willing to trade a number two WR for, say, a first round pick and Ogunleye, please let us know. If you can throw in a decent RB I'll give up Madison and anyone else you want."

His job is to move forward. Rick's job is to find players that fill needs on the team at the right price. Dave is exactly right -- one or more of the other receivers needs to step up, plain and simple. Don't dwell on the negative, don't *****, moan, and whine...play the hand you're dealt. Great teams overcome injuries and adversity.

Back
Top Bottom