all signs point to us taking an olb 1st | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

all signs point to us taking an olb 1st

cobbs321

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Parcells has always been high on drafting olbs in the first round and I think that what we've done this offseason is telling us that that's what he's gonna do. Coming into the offseason we had 5 big needs right? Ilb,olb, nt, fs, and #1 wr. We picked up dansby so mcclain is probably out of the picture now so Ilb is no longer a need now imo. Our fo is pretty much showing that they do not wanna take a fs in the first. We've offered contracts to the top 2 fs's and we almost had one locked up. Resigning Ferguson imo shows that we will probably take an nt in the 2-3 rounds. Have we shown any interest in dez or some other wr in the first and now we have apparently contacted A. Bryant so Idk what we will do with wr in the draft. So that leaves us with one pos. left, olb. Parcells has expressed before that he would like to take one and I would love it if we got brandon graham. Anyone else agree/oppose

It's an interesting position. If D. Bryant is there, I think we consider him.

But, he probably won't be.

We should consider E. Thomas. But, we'll see.

I still think we'll pick up two OLB's in the first four rounds. I think it's either J. Hughes or B. Graham in the 1st.

It's an interesting position. If D. Bryant is there, I think we consider him.

But, he probably won't be.

We should consider E. Thomas. But, we'll see.

I still think we'll pick up two OLB's in the first four rounds. I think it's either J. Hughes or B. Graham in the 1st.

Agree it will be a OLB or Earl Thomas at #12

NT is critical to a 3-4 Defense. Bottomline the Phinz must have a NT or they are simple done and right now they do not have a NT. At the end of last year it was obvious that the DID NOT have a NT on the team and the D was simply crap without Ferg in the middle. NT is the most critical concern right now......so NT Dan Williams is the 1st round pick for the Phinz

NT is critical to a 3-4 Defense. Bottomline the Phinz must have a NT or they are simple done and right now they do not have a NT. At the end of last year it was obvious that the DID NOT have a NT on the team and the D was simply crap without Ferg in the middle. NT is the most critical concern right now......so NT Dan Williams is the 1st round pick for the Phinz

We DO have a NT though. He hasn't shown to be all pro yet but... we don't even have 2 OLB starters at all, let alone all pros.

I don't remember the NT being the #1 weakness... I remember TE's cruising around the field like it was flag football and I remember no consistant pass rush.....

We have no one to start at OLB1 or OLB2 or FS.

I think we can jerry Hughes in the 2nd. Who knows, maybe it graham and Hughes will be like what we did last year with vontae and smith

Well an good starting SOLB would make less impact than a great saftey. WE can get our Elite safety with 12 and get backers throughout. And Dan Williams isnt an elite NT, he isnt even a real NT. He doesnt do well with double teams, so all but rules him out for 12.

Well an good starting SOLB would make less impact than a great saftey. WE can get our Elite safety with 12 and get backers throughout. And Dan Williams isnt an elite NT, he isnt even a real NT. He doesnt do well with double teams, so all but rules him out for 12.

Agreed.

Options at FS:

1. Pick up a FS before the draft.
2. Draft Thomas or Berry.
3. Pick up a FS that Nolan sees as a fit in the later rounds.

. . .

After Berry and Thomas there aren't any great ball hawks - that I'm seeing. But, maybe there's a guy that fits into the mold of a Ryan Clark. I don't think the FO is seeing that player. If they did, they probably wouldn't have made a serious run at Clark.

. . .

I sincerely doubt we're even considering D. Williams with the 12th pick in the draft.

. . .

The only names I see as serious considerations for the #12 pick are as follows:

E. Berry
E. Thomas
J. Hughes
B. Graham
E. Griffen
D. Bryant
C. Spiller

. . .

It's unlikely that Berry and Bryant are there when we draft, and there's a good chance, too, that Spiller will be off the board.

Agreed.

Options at FS:

1. Pick up a FS before the draft.
2. Draft Thomas or Berry.
3. Pick up a FS that Nolan sees as a fit in the later rounds.

. . .

After Berry and Thomas there aren't any great ball hawks - that I'm seeing. But, maybe there's a guy that fits into the mold of a Ryan Clark. I don't think the FO is seeing that player. If they did, they probably wouldn't have made a serious run at Clark.

. . .

I sincerely doubt we're even considering D. Williams with the 12th pick in the draft.

. . .

The only names I see as serious considerations for the #12 pick are as follows:

E. Berry
E. Thomas
J. Hughes
B. Graham
E. Griffen
D. Bryant
C. Spiller

. . .

It's unlikely that Berry and Bryant are there when we draft, and there's a good chance, too, that Spiller will be off the board.

Spot on, but Hughes is a little too Weak side for me.

Only if one of the top tier teams that run a 3-4 decide to take him. If not he could drop.

If we can get Thomas/Graham/Griffen in the 1st and then Hughes in the 2nd, we'll have all but cemented our case for best draft in 2010. I think a lot of teams are playing possum in regard to Hughes. He evokes D. Ware comparisons.

Forget about Miami drafting Dez. The guy is a head case. BP won't go for that. If Miami drafted Dez they would also have to hire a guy full time to keep him out of trouble and make sure he shows up to meetings on time. He also hired Crabtrees agent. We all know how that went last year.

Spot on, but Hughes is a little too Weak side for me.

He is WOLB. But, he's still the best pass rusher in the draft, and as much as I want Wake to be the guy, I don't know that he's going to be a 3-down OLB. It'd probably make more sense to draft Graham or Griffen and then get WOLB in the 2nd or 3rd (assuming we're drafting OLB in the 1st). But, if the Dolphins have Hughes as the BPA at OLB, I think you go BPA. If the Dolphins have Graham and Hughes rated about the same, I think you go Graham and look to draft your WOLB in the 2nd or 3rd.

Back
Top Bottom