All Star Division Team On D? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

All Star Division Team On D?

So Be

Club Member
Reaction score
This one is gonna be much tuffer than O. Make your picks?

Since 3 of the 4 teams use a 3-4 defense....we'll go that route....

DE - Richard Seymour

NT - Vince Wilfork

DE - Ty Warren

OLB - Aaron Schobel

ILB - Bart Scott

ILB - David Harris

OLB - Joey Porter

CB - Darrelle Revis

CB - Will Allen

FS - Gibril Wilson

SS - Kerry Rhodes

That was tough.....lol

Put Jenkins at NT
Schobel isn't an OLB(I know why you did it since this is 3-4) but there aren't any great OLBs besides Porter. I guess I'd go w/ Pace or Thomas when he's healthy.
take out Allen and put Terrance McGee at Corner
Donte Whitner ahead of Wilson

Since 3 of the 4 teams use a 3-4 defense....we'll go that route....

DE - Richard Seymour

NT - Kris Jenkins

DE - Ty Warren

OLB - Calvin Pace

ILB - Bart Scott

ILB - David Harris

OLB - Joey Porter

CB - Darrelle Revis

CB - Will Allen

FS - Gibril Wilson

SS - Kerry Rhodes

That was tough.....lol
Fixed

I'd rather take Wilfolk, if not for the fact of no back issues if nothing else. Though IMO he is a better NT.

I'd rather take Wilfolk, if not for the fact of no back issues if nothing else. Though IMO he is a better NT.
Wilfork was never as dominant as Jenkins, he never has taken over a game like Jenkins can and does.
Jenkins>>>>>>Wilfork

Wilfork was never as dominant as Jenkins, he never has taken over a game like Jenkins can and does.
Jenkins>>>>>>Wilfork
Please watch the last years 2nd game against the dolphins. the first game where the wildcat was shutdown all year for the phins. wilfork single handly shut down the offence in that game,

Jenkins was a ghost of himself after game 10 and have never played a 16 game season as NT. Yet you think he is better than vince who has missed 1 game in 5 yrs ? .Also Vince played an extra season in the last 5 year as he went deep into the playoff. so he been avg 19 games a year.

Kerry rhodes - here is the head scratches how come a Safety with more interceptions, more sacks ,more tackles and more forced fumbles is not selected in the division. what did kerry do that is better than this safety.
please explain this

He played 16 games as a NT last year. he was hurt down the stretch and it severely affected our D but when healthy he's up there w/ Haynesworth.

Kerry Rhodes is clearly the best S in the division, not even close. #s don't always tell the story, Kerry had an off year last year but he was excelent the previous 2-3 years.

He played 16 games as a NT last year. he was hurt down the stretch and it severely affected our D but when healthy he's up there w/ Haynesworth.

Kerry Rhodes is clearly the best S in the division, not even close. #s don't always tell the story, Kerry had an off year last year but he was excelent the previous 2-3 years.

Again you are saying he was not healthy to play a 16 game season once as NT but feel that he is what you need to have over a guy who has played in 2 SB and won 1 .Has avged 19 games over the last 5 year ? and has been once on the No 1 defence for a year [04] and anchor of a top 5 defence in 4-5 yrs as a NT.

Rhodes even if numbers do depect anything i am curious the safety i mentioned closed the deal with a game changing interception in the final minute in 1 game, a game winning sack and forced fumble in the final drive where the other team could have won and an ot ending interception and goal. not sure if rhodes had such highlight moments where he won the game on his own.

You said he never played 16 games as a NT and he did. It's debatebale at NT, I don't think you can go wrong w/ Jenkins, Wilfork or Stroud but there's no discussion w/ Rhodes.

You said he never played 16 games as a NT and he did. It's debatebale at NT, I don't think you can go wrong w/ Jenkins, Wilfork or Stroud but there's no discussion w/ Rhodes.

Again with rhodes i quoted numbers which you said Numbers do not tell the tale so i quoted 3 games where the safety i supported closed the game and caused a sack or FF or Interceptionto close 3 games .I am waiting for you list the non number effect like closing the game out that rhodes made. A play finishing the game.In 2 occasion it was in field goal range thus winning the game.

Since the Bills run a 4-3, I'll do mine that way.

DE - Richard Seymour

DT - Vince Wilfork

DT - Kris Jenkins

DE - Aaron Schobel

OLB - Bart Scott

ILB - Mayo

OLB - Joey Porter

CB - Darrelle Revis

CB - Terrence McGee

FS - Donte Whitner

SS - Kerry Rhodes

Mayo has to make this team. I'd start him over Harris, even though I'm a huge fan. Harris didn't play great after being injured last year and doesn't have a large body of work to go on.

As for the Wilfork/Jenkins debate, I'd say flip a coin.

Since the Bills run a 4-3, I'll do mine that way.

DE - Richard Seymour

DT - Vince Wilfork

DT - Kris Jenkins

DE - Aaron Schobel

OLB - Bart Scott

ILB - David Harris

OLB - Joey Porter

CB - Darrelle Revis

CB - Terrence McGee

FS - Donte Whitner

SS - Kerry Rhodes
I dont think Richard Seymour is a 4-3 DE IMO he is to be a 6'6 guy at 310 pounds as a 4-3 DE i dont think so Just look at guys like Aaron Schobel and Jason Taylor both around 240 pounds and Jared Allen is 270 i honstly think that it would be tough to be a DE at his size i think he would be a better DE in the 4-3 so i dont think he would fit into a Defense like that with our Divison I also think Mayo is better then Harris and i think Wilson is better then Whitner

I dont think Richard Seymour is a 4-3 DE IMO he is to be a 6'6 guy at 310 pounds as a 4-3 DE i dont think so Just look at guys like Aaron Schobel and Jason Taylor both around 240 pounds and Jared Allen is 270 i honstly think that it would be tough to be a DE at his size i think he would be a better DE in the 4-3 so i dont think he would fit into a Defense like that with our Divison I also think Mayo is better then Harris and i think Wilson is better then Whitner

I agree on Seymour, I just couldn't find any other DEs worthy and he was too good to leave off. I'd never use him there on a real team.

I also agree on Mayo, I forgot about him, I don't know how. He is better than Harris, I'm going to change that.

I disagree on Whitner. He played some FS and is much more effective when there rather than SS where he's played a lot.

Back
Top Bottom