All Star Division Team On D? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

All Star Division Team On D?

I dont know if I would put Jenkins in over Wilfork. From a talent standpoint I agree I would rather have Jenkins but I need to see him play a full season.

As far as safety goes Kerry Rhodes is the best Safety in this division IMO. He had an off year last year but thats because he was being dropped back in coverage all the time by Mangini. He wasnt allowed to do the things that he was doing in 05,06, and 07. With Rex Ryan and Mike Pettine I would look for Rhodes to be used more agressivley.

Again with rhodes i quoted numbers which you said Numbers do not tell the tale so i quoted 3 games where the safety i supported closed the game and caused a sack or FF or Interceptionto close 3 games .I am waiting for you list the non number effect like closing the game out that rhodes made. A play finishing the game.In 2 occasion it was in field goal range thus winning the game.

Rhodes had one down year and who is the dolphin you are discussing?

Mayo has to make this team. I'd start him over Harris, even though I'm a huge fan. Harris didn't play great after being injured last year and doesn't have a large body of work to go on.

As for the Wilfork/Jenkins debate, I'd say flip a coin.

I have no problem w/ Mayo on the team BUT Harris' 2007 was better than Mayo's 2008. Harris was hurt all year last year. You can't go wrong w/ either when healthy.

Please watch the last years 2nd game against the dolphins. the first game where the wildcat was shutdown all year for the phins. wilfork single handly shut down the offence in that game,

Jenkins was a ghost of himself after game 10 and have never played a 16 game season as NT. Yet you think he is better than vince who has missed 1 game in 5 yrs ? .Also Vince played an extra season in the last 5 year as he went deep into the playoff. so he been avg 19 games a year.

Kerry rhodes - here is the head scratches how come a Safety with more interceptions, more sacks ,more tackles and more forced fumbles is not selected in the division. what did kerry do that is better than this safety.
please explain this

Jenkins is a better player period, getting injured in week 12 doesn't mean hes not as good as someone. Funny you say Jenkins wasn't good after game 10, yet he dominated the Patriots game 11, and dominated the Titans game 12. (He got injured in that game).
Jenkins does way more, he can penetrate and clog up a hole. He can pass rush extremely well, he just bulls over everyone he faces. Koppen and Mankins tried to double Jenkins but they had no chance at all.
Wilfork really didn't have an impact against the Jets because Nick Mangold was able to take him out of it most of the game.

Every NFL scout will tell you that Kris Jenkins is a better DL than Wilfork, Wilfork never had people calling for him to be DPOY, everyone was saying that Jenkins was the most dominant defensive player in the league until he got injured. This year he will be better, hes in a defense that won't put as much wear and tear on him and allow him to penetrate more.

And stats don't mean anything, Kerry Rhodes is a better safety than Merriweather. Rhodes was used terribly last season, he had to be the deep safety to prevent big plays. I expect a big year from him this season.

Again with rhodes i quoted numbers which you said Numbers do not tell the tale so i quoted 3 games where the safety i supported closed the game and caused a sack or FF or Interceptionto close 3 games .I am waiting for you list the non number effect like closing the game out that rhodes made. A play finishing the game.In 2 occasion it was in field goal range thus winning the game.
Rhodes has had plenty of plays throughout his career that were gamechanging, I know this year he had key PD that stop game winning TD passes, he had to cover ground on them too.
He has had a game where he sacked the QB 2 times and had 2FF on it which was for the win.
He has had momentum turning plays with his sack FF.

I think he'll be used better with Ryan, hes still top 5 at his position.

Rhodes had one down year and who is the dolphin you are discussing?

I have no problem w/ Mayo on the team BUT Harris' 2007 was better than Mayo's 2008. Harris was hurt all year last year. You can't go wrong w/ either when healthy.

I need to see Harris play at the '07 level again before I start him over Mayo who was a beast in '08. Get your *** back to TGG.

Back
Top Bottom