All the Draft Infor you need for the 2010 NFL Draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

All the Draft Infor you need for the 2010 NFL Draft

FinAtic8480

Active Roster
Reaction score
ESPN's Mel Kiper Jr. recalls that ``at one point, the NFL didn't even want the draft televised.''
Now, the event is so popular -- last year's drew a draft-record 36.7 million viewers on ESPN and ESPN2 -- that the league is moving the first round to prime time (7:30 p.m. Thursday) and also airing rounds two and three at night (6 p.m. Friday). The final four rounds begin at 10 a.m. Saturday, April 24.
Proving there is no such thing as too much draft talk, NFL Network will carry an 8 ½-hour predraft show Thursday, and a seven-hour one Friday. ESPN's will be four hours and 2 ½ hours.

• ESPN's set on Thursday and Friday includes Chris Berman, Kiper, Jon
Gruden, Tom Jackson and Steve Young. . . . One highlight is the heated debates between Kiper and Todd McShay. ``We give answers without knowing the other's response. It's not manufactured,'' Kiper said. ``People say I hate Todd or he hates you. Last I checked, we're friends. I'd do anything for Todd.''
Kiper said he and McShay can say ``idiotic comment'' as responses to each other, and it doesn't damage their friendship. (Well, that's a relief.)

• NFL Network's coverage includes a cast of thousands (Mike Mayock, Michael Irvin, etc.) and will feature Texas coach Mack Brown on the set for day three. . . . Mayock sees the three most likely Dolphins options at No. 12 as Tennessee defensive tackle Dan Williams, Georgia Tech defensive end/linebacker Derrick Morgan and Texas safety Earl Thomas.

• WINZ 940, the Dolphins' new rights-holders, will use ex-Dolphins on draft shows next week: Jim Mandich, Jimmy Cefalo, Kim Bokamper, Keith Byars, Troy Drayton, Sam Madison, Nat Moore, Louis Oliver and Keith Sims.

Back
Top Bottom