All the mock drafts are making me psycho | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

All the mock drafts are making me psycho

krosston

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I swear I change my mock draft everyday. The Dolphins have 2 or 3 major needs that completely throw me for a loop when it comes to the draft. But, the bottom line that doesn't change is that a 3-4 defense needs a huge sponge in the middle that frees up the LBs. And, with Ferguson being old and suspended for the first 8 games, I keep going back to NT as being a top priority. So, with that in mind, TODAYS mock draft looks something like this. What do you think?

1. NT - Dan Williams - Tennessee
2. WR - Damaryious Thomas - Georgia Tech
3. FS - Darrell Stuckey - Kansas (or Reshad Jones, Georgia)
4. TE - Jimmy Graham - Miami
5. NONE
6a. DE - Clifton Geathers - South Carolina
6b. DE/OLB - Adrian Tracy - William & Mary
6c. OG - Eric Cook - New Mexico
7a. SS - Barry Church - Toledo
7b. OLB - O'Brien Schofield - Wisconsin

It can make you frickin nuts. Most fans & draft nik's think there are 4 need positions for the Fins, WR, NT, OLB, FS - not necessarily in that order. So any mock draft (you would think) needs to address those positions and squeeze it all into the first 4 rounds. Ultimately, I think the best thing to do is draft the BPA. If at 12 the Fins have Spiller as the BPA, then they need to take him. Now if they have Spiller at 1 & Berry at 1A, then maybe you kill two birds with 1 stone and draft Berry. IMHO, reaching for need hursts the team more in the end.

haha i was just looking at a bunch of mocks on google... i see us taking OLB #1 i dont know why. Although i love ur 1-4 picks i dont know how much the FO likes Dan Williams. IMO he should be our pick....

haha i was just looking at a bunch of mocks on google... i see us taking OLB #1 i dont know why. Although i love ur 1-4 picks i dont know how much the FO likes Dan Williams. IMO he should be our pick....

I'm pretty sure it's because we don't have a legitimate one on our roster yet. Karlos Dansby will play in the middle, all we have is Cam Wake (unproven), and Charlie Anderson (valuable backup).

why stuckey in the 3rd round??? i don't hate him or anything but 3rd round given how deep this safety class is???

i'm going elsewhere

We will not take a NT with our 1st pick. Not because NT is not a need for us, but because there are no NT's worth the #12 pick this year. The real value this year with the #12 pick is at OLB, S, & Dez Bryant.

We will not take a NT with our 1st pick. Not because NT is not a need for us, but because there are no NT's worth the #12 pick this year. The real value this year with the #12 pick is at OLB, S, & Dez Bryant.
You hit the nail on the head. If you are talking about Value the only picks that make since at 12 is either Dez ( who I dont think will be there), SOLB or FS (Berry or Thomas).

Dan Williams imo is not worth the 12th pick.
WOLB at this point is not worth the 12th pick. while we need depth we have our cookies in Wake;s basket at this point.
3/4 DE (Odrick) as some have said on this board is not worth the 12th or the 43thrd pick at this point.

I would prefer to grab one of these SOLB studs with #12 and pray that Thomas is there at #43.
Chubbs

earl thomas on the board at #43??? good luck with that
D. Thomas not E. Thomas, figured people would understand that if we dont take E. Thomas at #12 we are not taking him at all, but then again I have seen some crazy Mock Drafts on this board :) so I guess its better that I clarify.

pretty solid draft IMO. love the stuckey pick in the 3rd - one of my favorite FS's in this deep class. kid can cover.

Just to prove the title of my original post, after reading Dave Hyde's article on analyzing the Dolphins draft (http://weblogs.sun-sentinel.com/spor...s_draft_w.html) and reading some of your comments, I have already changed my mock draft. What about this;

1. FS - Earl Thomas - Texas
2. OLB - Jerry Hughes - TCU
3. WR - Taylor Price - Ohio
4. TE - Dorin Dickerson - Pitt
6. NT - Brandon Deadrick - Alabama

Damn, I'm confused and I'm just a fan. I can't imagine being Jeff Ireland.

D. Thomas not E. Thomas, figured people would understand that if we dont take E. Thomas at #12 we are not taking him at all, but then again I have seen some crazy Mock Drafts on this board :) so I guess its better that I clarify.

gotcha...

Back
Top Bottom