All these picks | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

All these picks

Archuletta was supposed to be the 2nd coming of god. He ended up in Washington I believe at some point, don't remember if it was a trade or FA.

Would've been a solid career for a 4th or 5th round pick, his status as super freak heading into the draft suggested he was HOF bound though.

I wish I could trademark BPA and charge all you guys out the ass come March/April every time you say it.

Legit question - are we concerned they w all of these picks, we will have to pay guys all at the same time - just as we are getting good (assuming we hit) in 4 years?

Are there there precedents for this?
I think brother if we can get consistent with good quality drafting, we can resign so many, and will eventually need to in some cases draft replacements to help keep the roster talented in depth as well as manage the future cap.

Legit question - are we concerned they w all of these picks, we will have to pay guys all at the same time - just as we are getting good (assuming we hit) in 4 years?

Are there there precedents for this?

Yes, Jimmy Johnson was deft at scouring the second and third rounds.

I wish he would come out of retirement and start from scratch.

I recall the Vikings having 3 first round draft picks a few years back, but they traded back into the round, they didn't have them going in. They were later round picks too.

Only one is still with the team (Xavier Rhodes). Floyd's career ended due to injury before receiving a second contract. Patterson was not resigned after a few years.

YearRndPlayerPickPosToAP1PBStCarAVGCmpAttYdsTDIntAttYdsTDRecYdsTDIntSkCollege/Univ
20131Sharrif Floyd23DT201600213449.5Florida
20131Xavier Rhodes25DB2019126369110Florida St.
20131Cordarrelle Patterson29WR20192222597897307185187510Tennessee

Odds are that not all of our 1st round picks will hit. But they MUST come out with at least one perrennial pro bowl player out of the bunch to make it a success IMO.

2001 Rams also had 3 1st rounders:

YearRndPlayerPickPosToAP1PBStCarAVGCmpAttYdsTDIntAttYdsTDRecYdsTDIntSkCollege/Univ
20011Damione Lewis12DT20100033214123.5Miami (FL)
20011Adam Archuleta20DB200700632103418.0Arizona St.
20011Ryan Pickett29DT20140013592079.5Ohio St.

I'd like to see the Dolphins trade down from one of these 1st rounders or 2nd rounders for a future 1st round pick and more future draft capital. Keep rolling over the draft capital so you are loaded each year to maximize opportunities.

Spot on bro. 1st rounders rarely live up to the hype!

Although Cooper wasn't drafted by them the Cowboys are currently experiencing that with him Dak, Zeke and others.

It's a good problem to have.

Ok a lot of good players but perhaps not GREAT - makes me a little nervous.

Sounds like a good problem to have. Because if true it sounds like Miami hit home runs on a lot of picks, talking elite. We don’t need all the picks to be elite but the QB pick, the rest just needs to be really solid.

So we have 5 picks in first 2 rounds of 2020. If you are lucky 3 of them will pan out. We will trade a least one of the picks for a future pick. No sense in worrying about signing picks 4-5 years from now.

Back
Top Bottom