All-Time Dolphins Great Back-Up Performers.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

All-Time Dolphins Great Back-Up Performers....

Disnardo

Premium Member
Reaction score
That have played lights out when the team was in dire need...

Since we just had our "Dolphin's Hall of Shame," I thought we should turn and view the outstanding plays from Dolphin backups throught the years...

I will start with one gutsy outstanding performance by Steve Deberg. I believe he came in for an injured Scott Mitchel (1993), who was in for an injured Dan Marino...

Correct me if I am wrong I think Steve played against KC, his old team, when he got hit in the face and had to have stitches done in the locker room and came back in to finish the game.

I remember he took a hell of a beating from the defensive unit, but did not coward down.

A true blue collar worker in the NFL, and from what I have seen throught the years, THE BEST QB at playaction...

So carry on, what other backups have been placed in harms way and have produced for our lovable Finz...

I don't know if this qualifies but how about when Kosar told Marino to fake the spike against the Jets...that was a great Dolphins moment against the JETS Suck-Suck-Suck!!!!

When DeBerg ran straight back onto the field from the tunnel the wholle crowd went crazy.

Originally posted by davster82
Strock and Morrall come to mind

What was I thinking, Morall took over for an injured Bob Griese in 1972. Everyone knows what happened that year :)

I was surprise that Morall did not play in the SB that year....

Originally posted by HofCityFan
With Deberg didn't he get sacked like 10+ in that game and kept getting up

Yes he did, like a Timex, he took the licking and kept on ticking...

Jim Jensen comes to mind.

That guy always found the seam in the defense just past the first down marker and he always caught the ball.

Back
Top Bottom