All-time Phins | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

All-time Phins

DENVERDOLFAN

Starter
Reaction score
I know that this is more like an off-season thread, but since I have read about 20 Keenan McCardell threads today I figured I'd post it. I was thinking what kind of talent we currently have that could miss out on a title like Marino if we don't break through soon. I came up with 5 current players as the best the Phins have ever had at their respective positions. Opinions will vary I'm sure, but here is mine on the best at each position in history of the Phins. Some are no brainers but there may be some who are not as clear cut.

WR - Warfield, Clayton
TE - Jackson (not much here)
T - Webb, Evans
G - Little, Keuchenberg
C - Stephenson (Langer best not to make it)
QB - Marino
FB - Csonka
HB - Morris

DE - Taylor, Stanfill
DT - Baumhower, Bowens
OLB - Cox (I know he played inside too), Duhe
ILB - Thomas
CB - Madison, Surtain
S - Scott, Anderson

I don't really care about kickers but Roby, Mare (makes six)

Good to have another Colorado Dolfan in the group. I agree with all except WR. Warfield was great but only played 5 years. Give the nod to Duper for 10 Seasons and great productivity.

qb.marino wr.duper/clayton rb.williams i hate to say that,but he rewrote the record book for our team in his two years here. fb.csonka te.jackson t.webb/evens g.simms/little c.stephenson the best center ever IMO.de.taylor/stanfill dt.bowens/gardner olb.seau/cox ilb.thomas cb.madison,vincent s.scott/marion

fish fan 4 life said:
qb.marino wr.duper/clayton rb.williams i hate to say that,but he rewrote the record book for our team in his two years here. fb.csonka te.jackson t.webb/evens g.simms/little c.stephenson the best center ever IMO.de.taylor/stanfill dt.bowens/gardner olb.seau/cox ilb.thomas cb.madison,vincent s.scott/marion
Ricky was the best HB on our team ever, but not the best DOLPHIN RB. We cant call him a Dolphin, he played 2 years and quit.

Marv Fleming would be my TE. The dynasty FINs didnt throw the ball alot, and even less to the TE. I remember Fleming as being a very reliable reciever in the clutch. He got a ring or 2 with the pack also, one of Lombardis boys i think

Wouldn't Nick Buoniconti deserve a shot in the Linebacker field?

probably not the best ILB (i'll take Zach) But one of my favorite Dolphins...John Offerdahl....tackling machine and made the pro bowl about 5 years in a row...best player on a terrible defense

Tough to leave off Offerdahl and Nick. Tight End has to be Marv Fleming.

marinofan76 said:
probably not the best ILB (i'll take Zach) But one of my favorite Dolphins...John Offerdahl....tackling machine and made the pro bowl about 5 years in a row...best player on a terrible defense
Just want to add that no way Zach is over Nick. I know Zach is the current, but Nick lead a D with little in star power to a unbeaten season.

Also Warfield belongs way above Duper. Warfield was a stud, while Duper was good, but lets face it. Marino made Duper/Clayton look better than they actually were. If Marino had Warfield. Warfield would have dominated the NFL WR position.

And Manny should be in before Bowens.

Still here over 30 years later, that D still does not get the respect.

DENVERDOLFAN said:
I know that this is more like an off-season thread, but since I have read about 20 Keenan McCardell threads today I figured I'd post it. I was thinking what kind of talent we currently have that could miss out on a title like Marino if we don't break through soon. I came up with 5 current players as the best the Phins have ever had at their respective positions. Opinions will vary I'm sure, but here is mine on the best at each position in history of the Phins. Some are no brainers but there may be some who are not as clear cut.

WR - Warfield, Clayton
TE - Jackson (not much here)
T - Webb, Evans
G - Little, Keuchenberg
C - Stephenson (Langer best not to make it)
QB - Marino
FB - Csonka
HB - Morris

DE - Taylor, Stanfill
DT - Baumhower, Bowens
OLB - Cox (I know he played inside too), Duhe
ILB - Thomas
CB - Madison, Surtain
S - Scott, Anderson

I don't really care about kickers but Roby, Mare (makes six)
Yes, except I'd put ME at HB.

Yeah man, you were one of my favorites. I was there when you tore up your knee vs Green Bay.

Also, I'd have to put Ricky in the backfield over Morris. He's easily the best TB we've ever had. Man, Ricky and Zonk back there. Imagine the beatings they'd administer. :eek:

Good list though.

Dphins4me said:
Just want to add that no way Zach is over Nick. I know Zach is the current, but Nick lead a D with little in star power to a unbeaten season.

Also Warfield belongs way above Duper. Warfield was a stud, while Duper was good, but lets face it. Marino made Duper/Clayton look better than they actually were. If Marino had Warfield. Warfield would have dominated the NFL WR position.

And Manny should be in before Bowens.

Still here over 30 years later, that D still does not get the respect.
Duper avg 17.4 yards a rec for his career 2nd best in team history.511 rec 2nd all-time in dolphins history.has the most rec yards in team history.holds the record for most yards rec in a game with 217.hes 3rd in team history in rec td's and he also holds the team record for most 100 yard games with 28.hes in the same class as warfield he just doesnt get as much credit cuz of marino,but if i remember right didnt warfield have a hall of fame qb also?he also had a better running game to open up the field for him then duper or clayton ever had.

I hear you guys. While I stick to my statement that Langer is the best player not to make it, Inside Linebacker is probably the teams all-time deepest position. Three guys with multiple Pro-Bowls (Thomas (5), Offerdahl (5) and Buonticonti (2)). Warfield was a five time Pro-Bowler to Duper's three but you can't go wrong either way (by the way Fryar went to two).

Back
Top Bottom