all time rushing record? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

all time rushing record?

north

Practice Squad
Reaction score
any of u know what the all time rushing record is? i think it was the season by terrel davis with 2000+ yards but im not sure, and do u think ricky could ever beat it?:confused:

phins4life said:
any of u know what the all time rushing record is? i think it was the season by terrel davis with 2000+ yards but im not sure, and do u think ricky could ever beat it?:confused:
Didn't you watch football last year? It was...I don't know...about every other day that they kept talking about whether or not Jamal Lewis would break Eric Dickerson's 2100 yard season.

i believe with an oline like denvers then Ricky would pretty easily get 2000+ yards

*_*ADMIRAL*_* said:
i believe with an oline like denvers then Ricky would pretty easily get 2000+ yards

No one can easily get 2000 yards. Ricky would obviously be better if he was behind Denver's OL but I wouldn't say he would easily get 2000 yards.

Dickerson had 2105 yards in 1984.
When talking about the rushing record, it should be noted that OJ Simpson ran for 2003 yards in 1973 in a 14 game season and Jim Brown ran for 1863 yards in 1963 in a 12 game season. Dickerson got his record over a full 16 game season, yet no one mentions that both Simpson and Brown would likely have passed that number over 16 games. (Then again, OJ got away with a double murder, so I guess he's got nothing to complain about)

Could Ricky pass up 2105? My guess is no. More to the point, I'd say, "he'd better not." The amount of workload that Ricky would need to run for over 2105 yards would be a career killer. Three straight years around 400 carries would have us looking for a new starting RB by 2006. He'd almost certainly break the NFL record for carries, 410 (I think), if he was to break the single-season rushing record.

phins4life said:
There's this thing out there called the internet. You can find about anything you want to know on it. You should see about getting it, I hear it's great.

Ricky could beat Dickerson's record but I don't think it's likely. With the amount of carries he gets(Lewis got about as many last year) and the fact that Boston and Chambers will take some of the focus off him, it could be done. But don't count on it. I would rather him get in the 1600-1800 yard range and get about 50 less carries and give a 3-4 more carries a game to Minor.

Id rather have a consistant back that ran for 1300-1500 yds then a back that was murdered with carries to get the rushing record. I would much rather have a great passing game because we all know that the running game is flawless on Rickys part.

Clumpy said:
RW will have difficulty getting to 1,200 behind your OL
That is a stupid comment. He will have at leat 1400 in his sleep. On the other hand, how many time will Bledsoe be looking up from his back??? I would say at least 50!!! Nice pass protection and a waste of space #4 pick in the draft M. Williams

Barring injury, Ricky will have at least 1,500 yards this year. That was a ridiculous statement Clumpy. The line is better and there is more of a passing threat. Boston and Chambers will eat up single coverage if they put eight in the box....even with Fiedler throwing.

BTW, I wouldn't diss Mike Williams just yet. Lets see what he does this year. I hope he sucks though.

Back
Top Bottom