Allen to DB... Hellllllllllllllo Landry | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Allen to DB... Hellllllllllllllo Landry

UncleDouble

Practice Squad
Reaction score
With james allen's move to corner, i think this greatly increases the chances of the fins taking landry at 9...
Have also been watching more and more videos on meachum from Tennessee, whew, he looks like the sleeper this draft...
comments, complaints??

IMO Landry will be off the board by #9.

As far as Meachem goes, he's a 1st rounder just about everywhere you look so I wouldn't consider him a sleeper.

i dont think meachem is a sleep cuz he is projected to go late first round but if he does drop to second we had better get him cuz he is awsome

Washington, Minnesota and Atlanta are all very realistic threats to take Landry

Landry doesnt make it to the #9 guys. Meachum is OK, kinda one of the many WRs projected to go anywhere from #10 onward (Ginn, Meach, Bowe, Jarrett, Rice etc).

With james allen's move to corner, i think this greatly increases the chances of the fins taking landry at 9...
Have also been watching more and more videos on meachum from Tennessee, whew, he looks like the sleeper this draft...
comments, complaints??

You mean Jason Allen. :wink:
I think Landry will be a Falcon. Most mocks have him going to Atlanta. I wouldnt say no to taking him if he were there but i think more fans expect QB or OT to be more of a priority. Will be interesting to see which way we go.

Meachum is a sleeper in my opinion because i believe he will not be the second WR picked, as i believe he is the second best available...
that is all.

comments, complaints??

I'll say this, Mueller and Cameron seem to be taking a REALISTIC approach to what this football team ACTUALLY is. By dumping all of those C level of play veterans like McMichael and getting two picks from the one A level guy (WELKER) they are positioning themselves to replace the players on this team with actual PLAYMAKERS! Landry FITS that description to a tee. Beyond the top 7 he's the only NON-REACH available from pick 8 to pick 31, in my opinion.

Why do I feel like that? Because he's not a projection of combine measureables, the kid actually SHOWED it on the field AND in the combine. All of the top 8 did. So Landry SHOULD be our guy.

We should draft the best players out there regardless of position and restock our team with difference makers, not guys who just look the part.

Since 2000, the Miami Dolphins have drafted for NEED on every round of every draft and it shows. It's safe to say that almost every pick was a reach and almost every pick was wasted. Look it up, I'm not wrong.

We need talent evaluation that ignores need and focuses on quality. I don't care if we end up with 5 young safeties on our team, if that's the best guy then that's who you take. Because trade value is important but VALUE period is KEY to Mueller.

My hope is that we'll go with SS/FS (he's grat at both!) LANDRY in the first and then try and get a QB and LT in the second. If we manage a draft day trade of Culpepper to OAKLAND and Oakland goes WR in stead of QB then we have a chance of drafting a QB with #9, but either way, an Oakland trade for Culpepper would give us an additional 3rd or 4th round pick to help offset the 2nd rounder we surrendered for him.

Whatever Oakland gives us for Culpepper, we use that to replace what we have to give for GREEN and then go into camp with GREEN, LEMON and the rookie. It's a better game plan than going in with Culpepper still unhealthy and one hit away from being hurt again. Besides, he's NOT a smart QB and frankly, that's a DEALBREAKER for Cameron.

Landry SHOULD be our guy if Atlanta doesn't take him and if some other team doesn't move up to grab him. Between Landry, Allen and Bell we'd have some good young prospects to work with for years to come.

GO PHINS!!!

I'd say moving Allen to CB was in the best interest of Allen and the defense as a whole. I don't think they did it so that they could justify taking Landry, but if he were there, and Quinns not, hes gotta be the pick.

But Landry should have been the pick there anyway, i dont think moving Jason Allen had anything to do with it.

Can Reggie Nelson play Free Safety? I have no problem taking him at 9 if Landry is gone, and I wouldn't have a problem taking him at 9 if Landry were available assuming he can play the Free.

I'll say this, Mueller and Cameron seem to be taking a REALISTIC approach to what this football team ACTUALLY is. By dumping all of those C level of play veterans like McMichael and getting two picks from the one A level guy (WELKER) they are positioning themselves to replace the players on this team with actual PLAYMAKERS! Landry FITS that description to a tee. Beyond the top 7 he's the only NON-REACH available from pick 8 to pick 31, in my opinion.

Why do I feel like that? Because he's not a projection of combine measureables, the kid actually SHOWED it on the field AND in the combine. All of the top 8 did. So Landry SHOULD be our guy.

We should draft the best players out there regardless of position and restock our team with difference makers, not guys who just look the part.

Since 2000, the Miami Dolphins have drafted for NEED on every round of every draft and it shows. It's safe to say that almost every pick was a reach and almost every pick was wasted. Look it up, I'm not wrong.

We need talent evaluation that ignores need and focuses on quality. I don't care if we end up with 5 young safeties on our team, if that's the best guy then that's who you take. Because trade value is important but VALUE period is KEY to Mueller.

My hope is that we'll go with SS/FS (he's grat at both!) LANDRY in the first and then try and get a QB and LT in the second. If we manage a draft day trade of Culpepper to OAKLAND and Oakland goes WR in stead of QB then we have a chance of drafting a QB with #9, but either way, an Oakland trade for Culpepper would give us an additional 3rd or 4th round pick to help offset the 2nd rounder we surrendered for him.

Whatever Oakland gives us for Culpepper, we use that to replace what we have to give for GREEN and then go into camp with GREEN, LEMON and the rookie. It's a better game plan than going in with Culpepper still unhealthy and one hit away from being hurt again. Besides, he's NOT a smart QB and frankly, that's a DEALBREAKER for Cameron.

Landry SHOULD be our guy if Atlanta doesn't take him and if some other team doesn't move up to grab him. Between Landry, Allen and Bell we'd have some good young prospects to work with for years to come.

GO PHINS!!!

What makes you think Oakland will give the Fins anything for Culpepper? Especially if Culpepper has not fully recovered from his knee injury by the time the draft starts. Why wouldn't they wait until Culpepper is released and they can still draft a QB at the #1 spot and keep the draft pick they would have sent to the Fins?

maybe we take Quinn in the first round and maybe safety Meriweather from the U in the second.... Remember he was said to have been a first round last yr, but because of character issues (the FIU fight) they have him slipping down the draft

Back
Top Bottom