Allen to DB... Hellllllllllllllo Landry | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Allen to DB... Hellllllllllllllo Landry

Reggie nelson is way to early at number 9 i think if okoye landry or quinn are there we should take them but if non of them are there i think we should trade down to get either greg olsen, reggie nelson, Brandon Meriweather who i think is the best cover safty in the draft and he can hit not like landry but he can hit or griffin from texas

no trading up keep our draft pick and get O-line with the other picks

Can Reggie Nelson play Free Safety? I have no problem taking him at 9 if Landry is gone, and I wouldn't have a problem taking him at 9 if Landry were available assuming he can play the Free.

Nelson played FS his whole time at Florida so I'd say :yes:

Reggie nelson is way to early at number 9 i think if okoye landry or quinn are there we should take them but if non of them are there i think we should trade down to get either greg olsen, reggie nelson, Brandon Meriweather who i think is the best cover safty in the draft and he can hit not like landry but he can hit or griffin from texas

no trading up keep our draft pick and get O-line with the other picks

Too each their own. Landry and Nelson are on another level IMO. Landry seems to get all the attention, and rightfully so he's a stud. But Nelson is a great player as well and definitely better in coverage than Meriweather.

Ya' more than likely, CPep won't get moved until after the draft. No one, especially Al Davis is going to take him unless they are certain he can at least be ready for TC. We may get something for him after a deal for Green is made and the draft is over when they see what they could have from the draft (be that Quinn, Edwards, Stanton, Kolb or whoever). A deal could be made with him still recovering (as we did to get him originally), but that all depends on whether we get Green AND whether or not we get a young gun that gives Cam-Mul the warm fuzzies. Don't bet on it though...the key is IF they really get the warm fuzzies from the rookie...Either way, don't look for a day one pick from him unless it's after TC and he's proven he can play again...

Nelson played FS his whole time at Florida so I'd say :yes:

Too each their own. Landry and Nelson are on another level IMO. Landry seems to get all the attention, and rightfully so he's a stud. But Nelson is a great player as well and definitely better in coverage than Meriweather.

Most if not all of the scouting reports i have read have nelson as the best safety in ZONE and meriweather the best in MAN coverage and imo if the FIU brawl had not happened people would have meriweather right up there with landry and nelson.

Most if not all of the scouting reports i have read have nelson as the best safety in ZONE and meriweather the best in MAN coverage and imo if the FIU brawl had not happened people would have meriweather right up there with landry and nelson.

I'd like to read those, have any links?

I definitely think Meriweather had the hype heading into last season and may have suffered from a mediocre season by the Canes. However he didn't really do anything to stand out on his own either, other than the brawl of course.

With james allen's move to corner, i think this greatly increases the chances of the fins taking landry at 9...
Have also been watching more and more videos on meachum from Tennessee, whew, he looks like the sleeper this draft...
comments, complaints??

Nah. Jason Allen's move to CB is actually so that MIA can wait on the DB for a later round. MIA is targeting QB, OL, and WR before anything else. By Cam's and Mueller's own admission, they are looking to retool the Offense via the DRAFT.

They added Defensive players via free agency in case you didn't notice. So look for the first 2 to 3 picks to be QB, OL, or WR.

QB, 2 OL, WR, and DE/OLB will likely be the first five picks.

Yeah, Landry won't last till the 9th. I want Bowe. Reminds me of a faster Boldin. Granted #9 might be a reach.

Back
Top Bottom