Allen?? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Allen??

t2thejz

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
Wonder if we did get smiley or vernon carey would you still like us to get Larry Allen? I would. I would like him to play for a season and groom who ever we draft. IMO that would be one of the best case scenarios. The only o lineman I would start right away would be andrews and I would still get Allen. So IMO we should try to get allen no matter what

I agree. No question about it. We haven't had an Offensive lineman of his stature since Dwight Stevenson. That's a long time.

He is 78 yrs old... or at least his knees are. :D

I'd take a chance for vet minimum that he has enough left for one more year. Allen at 60% of peak is still better than what we had last year. The man plays with attitude too.

only if he is cheap, both in salary and any compensation if needed to cowboys. million or less a year and only a conditional 7th next year based on him playing in at least 8 games.

Originally posted by dodge
only if he is cheap, both in salary and any compensation if needed to cowboys. million or less a year and only a conditional 7th next year based on him playing in at least 8 games.

I think the cowpatties are str8 up cutting him

I doubt we would sign Allen if we draft a guard in the first round. If we could get Allen cheap, I would definitely be for signing him. However, I think that a lot of teams will try to sign him after June 1st.

i'm not an expert on allen, so i went to a cowboy board and read their fans opinion of him. most want to get rid of him, either trade or just cut him, even with the cap hit. they talk about how the guy can barely walk around in practice, only made probowl on name, and parcells constantly dogs him out. the only few who wanted to keep him cited "there is nobody here to take his place", not that he was good to keep just don't have a body to replace him.

I watched Allen get his a$$ kicked on Thanksgiving by Larry Chester. He is still very strong, but not worth pursuing. He is old and washed up. He is basically a very stong version of Todd perry, both are slow and old.

Originally posted by Trackstar#6
I watched Allen get his a$$ kicked on Thanksgiving by Larry Chester. He is still very strong, but not worth pursuing. He is old and washed up. He is basically a very stong version of Todd perry, both are slow and old.

Yup, very true. Larry Chester mopped the floor with Allen on Turkey Day.

Sure fire Hall of Famer. But he's seems washed up now.

Yeah, even though he's not what he used to be, teams will still throw him the cash :goof:

He may not be as good as he once was but he's a lot better than Todd Perry. For those of you who missed it Wannstedt said (in the Herald I believe) that they haven't shut the door on Ruddy or Perry. I say to hell with that, I'll take a washed up Larry Allen over Todd Perry any day.

Back
Top Bottom