Almost final mock | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Almost final mock

NoblePhin

Starter
Club Member
Reaction score
1. Quinton Coples DE- After all is said and done about Tannehill, I believe we are going to put a higher premier on getting the most talented pass rusher in the draft. Coming into the mini camps and practices, I would hope to see that the teams goal for Coples is to lose weight and gain more explosiveness; the summer heat will easily help that process out. Relieving pressure off of Wake is a must; without constant double teams Wake is going to be more of a force and don't forget about the interior of our line. I expect Odrick to step up this year and really get great penetration through the middle of the line. Starks and Soliai are very solid and also command multiple players. Now add the physical freak of nature in Coples on the other side and EVERYONE on our D gets better.

2. Nick Toon WR- Solid option for a Marshall replacement. Still gives us a big red zone target and a player that can handle going against teams best corners. Knows how to use his size, has good speed, good hands, and can run block.

3. Cordy Glenn OT/OG- Getting another strong, athletic, and smart lineman to throw into the mix of competition going on on our right side is definitely needed. I would play Glenn at RG and see what we have in Jerry at RT, he definitely showed promise when he filled in for Long at LT.

3. Joe Adams WR- Hopefully he actually gets to our picks in the 3rd, explosive slot receiver/KR that we desperately need.

4. Michael Egnew TE- Philbin gets his Finley with this pick. 6'5 252 runs a 4.62 and has great athleticism (former basketball player). Who cares if he can't block too well, thats what we have fasano for and the stronger he gets and more coaching he receives, he will get there.

5. B.J. Coleman QB- really reminds me of a mix of henne/pennington. Can make all the throws, accurate, high football IQ, great project for philbin and Sherman to develop into a WC QB.

6. Demario Davis LB- Fast linebacker who tackles well. Solid special teams contributor right away

7. BPA

Not that high on Coples, but I think his upside is through the roof. I would personally have Engram or even DeCastro....but I would be okay with Coples if the current regime thinks they can whip him into shape...mostly mentally.

Not nearly as high on Nick Toon as you are. I think he's still there possibly in the 4th.

Cordy Glenn would have to be the 2nd pick. Could swap he and Toon I gues.

I like Joe Adams, and I agree we take minimum of 2 recievers within the first 4 rounds. Maybe more.

Egnew is nice and I think that's a great spot for him.

Not high on BJ Coleman, but we do need to take one somewhere. Might as well be Coleman at 5.

I would prefer Wagner out of Utah State if he was there in the 6th, but Davis is a nice player who as you mentioned, would be a nice special teamer situational type guy.

Not a bad mock overall. Its all a crap shoot, and this one is better than most I have seen IMHO.

Glenn's probably a 1st rounder. I see a ton of mocks with him in the teens.

I dont like Toon in the second rd. Glenn will not be there in the third. I suggest Brandon Brooks, OG/OT of Miami of Ohio in the third. He is a clone of Glenn. In the second, I want a better pick than Toon, and it doesnt have to be WR.

I'm not even sure we take two WR's. Philbin has said that he likes what we have already so I wouldn't be surprised if we only took one, and even then not until the 3rd round. i do like the idea of picking up a QB late on or even waiting until next year for one if the FO doesn't think Tannehill is the right guy for us. I like the idea of Brooks in the 3rd, and a TE in one of the lower rounds too.

glenn likely won't get out of the top 20 let alone 3rd round...nick toon not even on my board...demario davis in round 6 only if guys are slipping

It's funny that there is such a wide range for where guy's rate Glenn. i know of knowledgeable folk who don't rate Glenn but still expect him to go high.

bobby wagners not gettin to the 6th either...some 2nd round talk there...impressive senior bowl week...

1. Q. Coples

2. Alshon Jeffrey

3. Vontaze Burfict

3. Joe Adams

4. Michael Egnew

5. Kellen Moore

6. Demario Davis

7. BPA

My primary targets- Pass Rush/ defensive playmaking , physical receiver, speed threat/kr, athletic tight end, low risk high reward qb prospect, solid special teamer and a OL prospect to groom.

Both Coples and Vontaze coming into a coaching staff that I believe is much better at developing talent and possessing a greater knowledge of the game; there's no question Vontaze's demeanor and passion will rub off on the defense. He will bring a more aggressive and fearful element to our defense and also allows Dansby to move over. With both players refocused and dedicated to losing weight and gaining explosiveness, I believe our pass rush just got immensely better not to mention our extreme versatility. How are you going to stop Wake and Coples from the edges, with Burfict up the middle as Starks and Odrick are also getting penetration? Our secondary will be able to play much more aggressively, hopefully causing some more turnovers.

Alshon and Joe Adams come in and bring some very interesting skills to the WR core. AJ gives us a big threat in the short to midrange game. I would love to see him used in the slot on short downs or goal line. Joe gives us some speed, good route running, and playmaking ability.

Egnew like i said before is used as a Finley type TE, breaking the seams and creating space for other players. I really think Alshon and Egnew would compliment each other very well.

K. Moore- Gamer. Winner. Leader. Good late round QB, where I feel we are going to be looking for Qbs any way.

Davis- Speed. Tackling. Special teams.

the second one isn't bad, but Burfect could probably be had in the 5th round. That kid's stock is dropping like an anchor....and it should be. Bad attitude along with above average talent.

I have seen some mocks w/ Wagner going to Philly in the 3rd or 4th. Keller (Ohio U) is an ILB who will be on the board on day 3. I also like Messina from UNM on day 2.

Whats this UNM you speak of???

Carmen Messina is a tackling machine.....Could possibly still be there in the 6th. GREAT character guy that would play ST like he had a point to prove.

---------- Post added at 05:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:36 AM ----------

It's funny that there is such a wide range for where guy's rate Glenn. i know of knowledgeable folk who don't rate Glenn but still expect him to go high.

Hey, I know you :3w:

Whats up BA?

Whats this UNM you speak of???

Carmen Messina is a tackling machine.....Could possibly still be there in the 6th. GREAT character guy that would play ST like he had a point to prove.

---------- Post added at 05:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:36 AM ----------

Hey, I know you :3w:

Whats up BA?

LOl I should have guessed it was you Ken, WR's and all :lol:

---------- Post added at 12:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 PM ----------

I wouldn't mind Wagner with one of our 3rd round picks

Back
Top Bottom