Almost July, How will...... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Almost July, How will......

EasyRider

Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Whole training camp process really go down? I really believe we need the season to start on time, I guess more for my selfish reasons but I think the country needs a distraction by October.

But with baseball back in the fold and baseball players already being reported as COVID sick how is the NFL actually gonna pull this off?

Will teams be allowed more practice players? Expanded rosters?

We are almost there but I really see the NFL getting a lot of backlash over this. But do they care? I mean it a billion dollar industry and money does talk.

It’s going to be very interesting how they try to pull this off . Fingers crossed

I really dont know and it doesnt make any sense to me. With the guidelines for covid being if someone gets it they and everyone in close contact with them is supposed to quarantine themselves for 2 weeks then that means if 1 person gets it the whole team is basically shut down. Obviously they cant even think about having a season with those restrictions because it will be dead in the water within the first few weeks, but I have no clue what they are going to do.

I know that there’s going to be some testing ground with basketball and baseball possibly being able to work through a season and playoffs scenario. And others will point to that the European soccer leagues having success with a player test positive just yanking them for two week quarantine, but my big argument with that is soccer is one of the most socially distant Sports there is not a lot of contact and when they practice there is no physical contact.

I am all for starting it up and getting things going so there’s something to be excited about in this very unique time. However, I can’t imagine losing any high profile player or putting hundreds of players and personnel and coaches and scouts and front office members at risk just to “feel normal when nothing really is all that normal right now. So that is the great conundrum.

But the answer may be made for them if the NBA put in a bubble still has issues in MLB with a normal model of teams traveling and operating a regular style season has issues then there’s no way the NFL canExpect anything different considering it is the most physically interactive sport between athletes.

Someone who is far more talented than I am will have to write a book about this crazy lost year in sports.

Last edited:
I really dont know and it doesnt make any sense to me. With the guidelines for covid being if someone gets it they and everyone in close contact with them is supposed to quarantine themselves for 2 weeks then that means if 1 person gets it the whole team is basically shut down. Obviously they cant even think about having a season with those restrictions because it will be dead in the water within the first few weeks, but I have no clue what they are going to do.

I agree with this. I really hate to be pessimistic, but it's probably going to be a sh.. show. And believe me, I really want football. We had to plow through a painful year last year and would be great to watch them this year. Just don't know how this is going to work.

I agree with this. I really hate to be pessimistic, but it's probably going to be a sh.. show. And believe me, I really want football. We had to plow through a painful year last year and would be great to watch them this year. Just don't know how this is going to work.

With the number of people involved and them insisting on traveling there will be players and family members getting sick. I think Zeke Elliot had a very good perspective in a recent interview he did. The athletes for the most part are going to be fine. Its more how to keep it from spreading to family members, coaches and staff that are in that target demographic filling up hospital beds.

To me the NBA has the best approach so far, and even that is fraught with a whole series of potential missteps. But they also have the benefit of only having a fairly limited number of people contained for a couple of months.

There's so much money incentivizing everyone to push forward. And you can hardly blame a player whose career last on average 2-3 yrs for doing whatever they can go get on that field.

I blindly want football. I expect everyone to find a way to give us the entertainment product we expect. With big checks come big risks.

Guys, let's keep the politics and conspiracy theories talk out of this. There is a thread in the POFO if you're interested in that. This is a discussion about the virus and the effect on the upcoming NFL season. Don't try to hijack the thread, ain't gonna happen, carry on...

Stadiums don’t mean sht anymore. Host all the games in Hawaii, Montana or even freaking Guam for all I care. Play in high school fields if you have to. But let’s play football!!! And lets keep these players as safe as possible by playing in states with low covid numbers. I think it’s a formula for success

Becoming more and more pessimistic about the prospects of the 2020 season occurring.

Whole training camp process really go down? I really believe we need the season to start on time, I guess more for my selfish reasons but I think the country needs a distraction by October.

But with baseball back in the fold and baseball players already being reported as COVID sick how is the NFL actually gonna pull this off?

Will teams be allowed more practice players? Expanded rosters?

We are almost there but I really see the NFL getting a lot of backlash over this. But do they care? I mean it a billion dollar industry and money does talk.

It’s going to be very interesting how they try to pull this off . Fingers crossed
I think the country needs to get Covid19 under control before we worry about a game. I love football but it is very hard to be concerned about football when more Americans are dying everyday from a virus the president seems to be ignoring.

If there is no football this year because COVID 19 is still spreading in the country, I can live with that. I’ll just look forward to football in 2021 and hope they have found a vaccine by the time that season begins.

Back
Top Bottom