Alonzo Mayes (merged) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Alonzo Mayes (merged)

If Alonzo Mayes doesnt start for whatever reason,who do you think is best to start?

• Randy McMicheal (Hes a rook but can get it done)

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Ed Perry (Its time to use him for something other than just long snapping)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jed Weaver (Why else did we re-sign him for)

Votes: 10 55.6%
  • Shawn Draper (Give him a 4th chance)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rotate 3 of these guys (That should do it)

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • None (Time to start looking for a real Tight End)

Votes: 3 16.7%

• Total voters
Man if this guy cant JOG without hurting himself ..how the heck can the coaches expect him to play football???!!!Time for the big kiss off ! bye bye Mr.Mayes ......as he fades into a trivia question....What te was the biggest bust for the miami dolphins ?Eric Green or alonzo mayes

Thats easy...Mayes by a wide margin...At least Green suited up and caught a few passes for us...:goof:

:monkey: mayes and his fragile a$$

Yeah, I agree. Mayes might have just sealed his fate. He was a low risk guy with big upside. But it still sucks because it's such a waste. Mayes still hasn't figured it all out yet. He's lazy and undisciplined. But unless the Phins go after Riemersma, Mayes will continue to get a chance in training camp.

Riemersma is injury prone too. But at least he preforms solidly on the field.

A Mayes = E Green is starting to sound pretty accurate, but 1995 <> 2002 (that means does not equal to for you non-geeks ;) ) since Green was our #1 FA signing in '95

Originally posted by DOLFANMIKE
While I like some things about Jed Weaver, his lack of blocking would HURT Ricky Williams rushing effort and that just can't happen. Our TE has to be a do it all type! I'd rather see Konrad moved to TE than see Weaver start!

Now that's an interesting topic. Konrad to start at tight end. Dyer the permanant starting fullback hmmmmm..interesting!

The only questions about that is:

Is Konrad big enough for the TE position?

Has he improved his blocking to play the TE position?

We all know he can flat out run around the LB's to get open in the passing game.

We all know he has the type of hands to be a great pass catching TE.

But the two questions listed above is what cast doubts on if he could make that transition. But it still would be intriguing ;) .

I've seen A. Mayes play at the first mini-camp, and he looked better than any other TE on or roster. At the same time, both J. Weaver, and R. McMicheal looked very good as well....

We need a TE that can block as well as catch. J. Weaver is our hands man, and I don't think R. McMicjeal is ready to step in and fill that roll either.....

R. Konrad at TE is an interesting idea as well. At 6-3 255, he's big enough to play TE. The question is can he be a solid blocker as well???.....

Right now, if A. Mayes can get healthy and return before Training Camp, he should be given another chance to start. His size is what we need as a blocking TE, but getting injured all the time seems to be a strange regularity that continues to occur.......

I like the guy, but I'm starting to question if he can stay healthy for a whole season.....

We're not going to be able to afford J. Riemersma if he gets cut from the Bills. Especially if we sign DE R. Burnett this week.

PHINZ RULE!!!

We all know he has the type of hands to be a great pass catching TE.

Do we? Konrad has Aligator hands IMO. He short arms alot of passes that are right to him. And he's too busy lifting his socks after every play to focus on the TE position.

mayes size has nothing to do with it he is a pass catching te and has yet to prove he can block or anything else....including staying healthy and changing his attitude. Konrad at te is fesible but not probable ...I like dyer better as a blocking fullback but konrad is still small for a te and hasnt proven to be the big time blocker we would need there.

Back
Top Bottom